We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ruzomberok to Krakow

Which Ruzomberok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ruzomberok to Krakow

Hi can anyone tell me an easy route to Krakow from Ruzomberok preferrably by train or any other suggest would be appreciated. The date will be around 18th to 21st Dec 2010. Would also be grateful for a link for train timetables if possible. Thank you :-)

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ruzomberok to Krakow

www.cp.sk for a user-friendly timetable

You would have to go to Žilina first and then change in Katowice - there is a direct train from Žilina, but arrives at 21:39

the whole journey takes from 7 - 9 hours, cost c. €28 - buy on the day in Ružomberok

Edited: 29 October 2010, 20:09
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ruzomberok to Krakow

Thank you for your reply. A whole day on the train, I think we shall have to change plans! How easy is it to fly to Poland from Ruzomberok? Cheers again

Zilina, Slovakia
Level Contributor
176 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ruzomberok to Krakow

Ruzomberok is around 230 km far from Krakow, sorry , no airport in this little city. There is bus connection to Krakow in ski season /Krakow - Liptovsky Mikulas /jasna/ via Ruzomberok.

Every Sat and Sun from Dec 15 there'll probably be a direct bus from Krakow to Jasna, , takes 4 hours via Trstená and Ružomberok.

On Tue and Fri there's another bus, from Krakow to Ruzomberok, dep.

From Dec 15 there'll also be a direct bus from Zakopane to Liptovsky Mikulas.

Some private companies also run skibuses from Krakow/Katowice directly to Jasna, for example Scantour all are going via Ružomberok. It is difficult to find it in Internet, because there are small indepedent companies.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ruzomberok to Krakow

Thanks a bundle for more options, you're a star!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ruzomberok to Krakow

Good luck finding those links! mispi - if you could post whatever you have found it would be useful. I can only find references dating back to 2005 for that bus so I don't know what the current situation is. Now that Poland is a lot cheaper than Slovakia, maybe the demand will not be as great, but I may be wrong ...

Bear in mind that skibuses tend to leave early in the morning and return in the evening.

6. Re: Ruzomberok to Krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 06:49
Get answers to your questions about Ruzomberok