We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campitello to Florence

Sydney, New South...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Campitello to Florence

Hi,

I've got a bit of a problem and was wondering if someone can help. I will be going to Campitello di fassa from Venice, I've already booked the shuttle bus from Marco Polo airport. So thats the easy part. The hard part is, when i leave Campitello i need to get to Florence. So far I've worked out the cheapest method is to get to Bolzano and then catch a train to Florence. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any information on how convenient the public transport is from Campitello to Bolzano.

I will be leaving Campitello on the 16th Feb 2013.

Any advise will be greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

5 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,547 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campitello to Florence

Which Shuttle service??

The Campitello/Canazei area is one of the hardest to get to by public transport.

If you are flexible on 16th February (a saturday) simply take the Flyskishuttle Val di Fassa service to Trento train station

www.flyskishuttle.com/start.php…

You will note that they also do a Venice - Val di FASSA service

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,285 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campitello to Florence

""The Campitello/Canazei area is one of the hardest to get to by public transport.""

Really? at last check, there are multiple direct buses every day linking Canazei with Trento, without the need for a dedicated 'skishuttle': www.ttesercizio.it - look up the timetable for #101 bus, with 5 direct departuires per day from Campitello to Trento (more with a change at Cavalese).

Also, www.fsbusitalia.it used to run a direct bus from Canazei to Florence every Sat. in season, although I see on their website that they still show last summer's timetable.

Sydney, New South...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Campitello to Florence

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Direct bus might be the cheapest method. I will take a look at the website and also the ski shuttle bus to Trento then train to Florence to see which one is the most suitable for me.

Thank you guys!

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,547 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campitello to Florence

"Really? at last check, there are multiple direct buses every day linking Canazei with Trento, without the need for a dedicated 'skishuttle': www.ttesercizio.it - look up the timetable for #101 bus, with 5 direct departures per day from Campitello to Trento (more with a change at Cavalese)."

The #101 doesn't go direct from Trento to Canazei. It is in fact a Cavalese service. It takes 1h10 just from Cavalese to Campitello.

YOu would have to get a Trento to Cavalese service which in itself takes 2hrs (102 or 103)

Total over 3h10 from Trento to Campitello (or vice versa) without taking into account waiting time for the connection in Cavalese

The direct service is a seperate service and still takes ages (if you can actually work out the timetable).

Purely by public transport depending on your departure times you could be a lot better off taking the 101 bus from Campitello to Vigo di Fassa (17mins) then picking up the 180 SII Bus to Bolzano (1h15) The bus runs every 2hrs from Vigo di Fassa from 0710 on Saturdays.

The connections from the 101 to 180 are good (10mins wait only). Unfortunately with all the connections out of Bolzano to Firenze the 180 bus is "scheduled" to arrive only 6 mins beofre the train connection. Next connection is an hour later.

www.sii.bz.it for the 180 bus Vigo di Fassa to Bolzano

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,285 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Campitello to Florence

Giftzwerg, you knowledge of the area is surely impressive, but you failed to notice the note #1 in the #101 bus timetable which clearly says 'la corsa prosegue per Trento', i.e. the bus continues on to Trento. That makes it a direct service to me, but even if it implied a connection, that would be immediate.

Besiudes, I distinctly remember boarding a direct bus from Canazei to Trento just a few years back.

Reply to: Campitello to Florence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Campitello di Fassa