We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??

Which La Rosiere hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??

We are going skiing in La Rosiere in March, but are struggling to find an affordable way to transfer from either Geneva or Chambory airport - does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks very much

8 replies to this topic
Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??

Hi

Just got back from la rosiere yesterday had a fantastic week with amazing snow ! Our transfers were included in the price of our holiday but speaking to someone who made their own way if you are staying in a chalet some of them have transfer services so it might be worth asking ! Have a great time x

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??

Geneva is too far away and you would have to use private expensive transfers from memory. Chambery airport is easier, check out their website as they have a dedicated search for airport transfers to la Rosiere,

www.chambery-airport.com/rubrique.php3…

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??

Depending on how many of you that need to transfer you may find hiring a car the best option. I have been to La Ros twice before and will be returning this year in March. We are a family of four and I have hired a car each time. You can get a reasonable sized vehicle for £250 - £300 inc snow chains. It comes out as the cheapest option for a family of four.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??

You have the regular buses leaving from Geneva, the price is 81€ one way or 138€ return.

A private transfer is very expensive, you may have another alternative with SwissTours if you contact them... They provide transfers usually between Geneva and Chamonix and compared to others they respect the time table...

England
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??

Hi Gemma. I'm going to la Rosiere in March 2014 and trying to look at all options. I've seen that BA do a flight from London City to Chambery but private transfers are really expensive, and I've only found one shared transfer but you have to wait around for quite a while, and then change buses at another resort. There doesn't seem to be a cheap straight forward option. What did you do in the end please? Thank u.

Talloires, France
Level Contributor
358 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??

Hi, you can try www.findtransfers.com/shared_transfers.asp - local companies regularly add shared transfer seats that become available. You might find something.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??

Hello Andrew

I came across this while searching for ways to do our first family skiing holiday cheaply - if that actually exists?!? We're looking at this resort for Feb half term 2017 and am thinking of economy flights(though ridiculously expensive in half term) with care hire at Geneva to drive to La Rosiere.

Just wondering if you can recommend apartments and or other top tips about the resort - is the ski school good for the kids (mine aged 10 and 8 and can ski a bit from dry slope lessons). I assume you'd recommend the resort itself given you indicated you are returning. Anyway, would be glad to hear. thanks Donna

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??

Hi, You could always get the train from Geneva to Bourg St Maurice, that is the town based at the bottom of the mountain, La Rosier at the top. Should be able to get the local bus or taxi up the mountain.

Reply to: Affordable airport transfers to La Rosiere??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Rosiere