We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayak / canoe

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kayak / canoe

Just wondered if anybody had any information about kayaking / canoeing near riberac area. We are a family of 5 the youngest being 8, she can swim but not brilliantly. Would really love a river trip not sure whether a kayak or boat would be best for us. Also if we went for a kayak could we get 3 people in one or are they all only for 1 or 2 persons.

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayak / canoe

http://canoriberac.free.fr/

I've never seen a kayak that holds 3 people.

Edited: 02 July 2013, 16:12
London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayak / canoe

Admit I've never been in a kayak before, not sure kids will manage one on their own so will probably get a boat for 5 then.

Thanks

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayak / canoe

Kayaks are a lot easier to maneuver than canoes IME.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kayak / canoe

OK thanks may go for 3 kayaks, oldest daughter should manage 1 on her own. Are they pretty stable or easy to capsize.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kayak / canoe

sorry to hijack - can someone tell me where on the map this is/a contact email etc?

Dordogne, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kayak / canoe

Hi, A bit late but maybe of use to others.

Two wonderful places for kayaks near to Riberac are, Lac Jemaye (20mins) which is an beautiful French inland beach and lake. It has plenty of walks, a fair sized beach and picnic areas, with a bar and cafes. The last time I was there, 2013, the kayaks were free.

Aubeterre, again about 15 to 20mins away has a lovely slow river with kayaks for hire. Thia village is one of the most beautiful in France with a monolithic church well worth visiting.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 15:09
Reply to: Kayak / canoe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Riberac