We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice in your drink?

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Ice in your drink?

Is the ice okay as a drink without it is not refreshing

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,033 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice in your drink?

No doubt someone will disagree but I say YES, ice is fine. Lived in Thailand for 11 years and never got sick once from accepting the ice that came with water or other drinks.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice in your drink?

I always have ice in my drinks, and have never had a problem in many visits to Thailand

Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice in your drink?

Ice drinks are a yes from me too.

There was this recent thread which took the topic a bit further if you're interested;

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,246 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice in your drink?

I'm good with the ice in drinsk when in Thailand as well. I know the tube ones are supposedly 'safer' than the square ones, but never had an issue with either.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ice in your drink?

The trick is to drink your drink before the ice melts.

Central Coast NSW
Level Contributor
221 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ice in your drink?

My husband was paranoid about this. He only had ice from good sorts of cafes and restaurants. However my brother had ice everywhere and he was fine.

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ice in your drink?

I `ve never had a problem either.Even put in my beer when I couldn`t get a cold one

8. Re: Ice in your drink?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 05:18