We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and Drink Prices

midlands, uk
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food and Drink Prices

Hi, we are going to Thailand next year and was wondering how much the food and drink is? My boyfriend likes his beer and I like my cocktails and spirits.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and Drink Prices

As in your own country, prices depend on the type of establishment you drink in. Hotels and high end bars can be twice (or more) the price of a an open air bar. Beachside place tend to charge more than a place elsewhere. Wine can be very expensive, but local beers can be purchased in 7-11 from about 40 baht, but in a bar expect to pay 60-70 baht for a beer - and upwards. Cocktails typically would run over 100 baht upwards. The single most popular spirit in Thailand is Black Label whisky. Local Mekong whisky is cheap if you can take it ;)

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and Drink Prices

See here for a similar thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1179396-i13008-k3…

Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and Drink Prices

Hey becky,

My bf also likes beer! We actually ate at quite a few street stalls (like the locals) and the food was fantastic. Price wise you cannot beat eating this way (i.e less than a pound for dinner pp!!!). I have to be honest, i normally would drink beers when travelling, however the cocktails were so cheap, i just drank these the whole time!

You will be amazed at how cheap it is to eat/drink (very well) in Thailand.

Have an amazing time!!

midlands, uk
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Food and Drink Prices

Thankyou. We do tend to shop around, see if any happy hours and who does the cheapest drinks. Good to know that it is cheap as went to lanzarote last year and was quite expensive.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food and Drink Prices

we have been twice, last may and this january gone. a bottle of chang beer is 60 baht on the beach and outside but in the hotels, it was 130 baht!!!

it was a lot cheaper to eat and drink away from the hotels.

dave

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food and Drink Prices

I am also a beer drinker,and i found that the local beers Chang & Singha were the cheapest at around 60 - 80 Baht per bottle,and they taste good too.Also as someone previously posted you can buy cheap beer at the 7-11 stores including imported beers.

Panglao Island...
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food and Drink Prices

I'm not too much in drinks, although like my wine. However, food is excellent all over the island! If you rent a house I recommenmad go to the maked and pick up some local disheWs to reheat.

If you're at a hotel - try as many Thai restaurants as you can!

Prices start at 30.00 THB at the market to

300.00 in a restaurant

Whatever you decide to do - food is cheap here!

Have fun!

Edited: 19 March 2010, 16:08
8. Re: Food and Drink Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2010, 05:18