We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amari Palm Reef

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, N. Ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
Amari Palm Reef

Hi, does anyone who has stayed here know if the mini bar in the room is free or is it chargeable, also is there bank machines available in the Chaweng area to withdraw cash.

ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Amari Palm Reef

not sure about the free bar in the room (but i doubt it) .but there ATM all over the island

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amari Palm Reef

the mini bar is not free, high prices! we just emptied ours and filled it with our own snacks and drinks.

there are atm's every 50-100m in Chaweng. the closest to the Amari is the 'purple' Siam Commerical Bank, about 100m on the same side down from hotel. there's a 150Baht per transation charge.

I hope you have a beach side room at Amari.

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Amari Palm Reef

Ji" We are planning to visit last week of September..Please may I know if Amari is on the beach, water sports and is there plenty of sun........?

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amari Palm Reef

Dear Coxie.

Hi guys. I noticed you are from Queensland. Yes, my wife and I are from the Gold Coast and are going to Koh Samui in September. We have been 5 times and always stay at the Baan Samui Resort ( Middle of Beach ) however this time we are considering the Amari Reef up the northern end of Chaweng. Our only concerns is the beach is NOT nearly as nice up that end of the beach. Would you recommend the AMARI ???????

Regards Bob & Chris.

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amari Palm Reef

The beach is great outside the amari, the sea however is not so good.

This section of Chaweng is behing a reef, which doesn't allow tidal cleaning of the shoreline.

At most times, there is a bit of seawead debris present. Also some rubbish finds it's way there. The hotels along this stretch do seem to be a little more mindful of the situation now and tend to clear it from time to time.

Don't expect crystal clear water and a spotless beach though.

Having siad all that, we keep going back there!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amari Palm Reef

Portcbob mate for me the Amari wasn't what I expected. A lot of people rave about it and think it's great. The resort itself in actual size is small on the beach side and the pool area quite crowded, the other across the road has more rooms with pool.With slow and overpriced service at the pool bar. The rooms were my letdown.

the beach is like Hervey Bay. When it's high tide its nice, low tide like a mud flat with rocks.

For me I'll be staying at the Chaweng Regent or the Centara Grand next time.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amari Palm Reef

Coxie.

Yes, Mate you are right. I have walked up north past the hotel on a number of occasions and have noticed the water clarity is crap. My wife and I have decided to stay another visit at the Baan Samui Resort in the best part of the beach where the beach is excellent. It is a bit dated the resort however we really like it. Stayed there 5 times previously and close to everywhere including the Irish Pub next door.

Just one more question though. Is the Italian Restaurant in the AMARI worth visiting one night for dinner.

Regards Bob..

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
18 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amari Palm Reef

hey there just got back from there. first of all minibar is not free and it is expensive. but you can tell housekeeping to empty it and then you can full it by yourself there is a 7/11 just a few meters away from hotel. and if you stay longer you can go to maxi or big c or tesco to buy drinks and snacks for even cheaper prices.

about the cash withdrwal ; I ve never done it because all the atms charge you 150 bahts wtihout considering the amaount you take. and 150 bahts is like 4.5 us dollars. so ı mostly exchanged dollars or shopped with credit card.

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amari Palm Reef

Bob,

The Italian restaurant at the Amari is called Prego. It's pleasnt enough and if you need a break from the Thai food, it's a good choice. It's hotel prices though, so far more expensive than beach dining.

It can get very warm in there, so make sure you get a table next to a fan.

Worht booking, as it can get very busy.

liverpool
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amari Palm Reef

Prego is extremely average despite the setting, they tried to offload us with "Clams" when we had ordered Mussells, if you want a good Italian, try Rice and La Taverna in town.