We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Grand Beach Resort

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Centara Grand Beach Resort

Thinking of booking this hotel for our vacation. Has anyone stopped there I would value there opinions. Thanks

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,938 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort

hi t27.... came back 2 weeks ago. Loved it, had a large airy bedroom on third floor,electic mozzie coil, but had no bites at all, good air con, big bacony that looked out to the beach, with 2 very comfy steam ship style lounders, table and a rack for drying clothes. Bed was again very big, pillow menu and sheets changed every day if you wanted them. I had a good sized bathroom with both bath and shower, no yellow tiles! Good selection and supply of shampoo/conditioner/shower gel/body lotion, and ample towels. Emptied out the mini bar to stock my own, fridge worked well, and was supplied with 2 bottles of water a day.

The hotel was spotless, lots of gardening staff, and the grounds were a delight. 2 pools, not huge, but with the sea literally on your door step, wan't a hardship, towels are supplied by token, big soft and bright yellow, plenty of space to relax, either on the sun beds set on the beach, round the pool or under the tree's in the gardens.

My pckage included breakfast, no one asked for a room number or key, was ample and varied. While there breakfast could be taken part of the time at sea breeze bar, which was lovely, looking straight out over the beach, but when visitor numbers dropped, breakfast was served in the palm court, noticed far more flies.

Drink prices were a bit steep, especially as price quoted did not include tax and service charge, but there are consequtive 2 for 1's at pool bar, then sea breezes and the hotel bar, so keeps prices down, but very easy to just wander down to the beer vendors and buy from them... and alot cheaper. Hope this helps

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort

Thank you for your reply. Looks very positive.

Sydney
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort

Currently staying at Centara Grand. Really nice. Best bit of beach on this strip. Nice spacious garden area right on the beach. Close to most things. Bonus food and drinks deal if you pay upfront.(unitl 31 October). Very recommended.

osh
uk
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort

Yes the bonus drink and food deal will be the BAHT BONANZA that is widely advertised. You pay acertain amount of money upfront to be spent within the hotel, and the hotel adds their money to your amount. HOWEVER !! We stayed at the hotel during early May and the hotel would not honour this deal at first. It took a week of wheeling and dealing to obtain this deal, despite the fact that the hotel were widely advertising this deal as being available throughout their hotels in Thailand ! I have since received an apology from the hotel for the manner in which we were treated but it was too little too late. The manager refusede to meet with me despite asking to see him on 5 consecutive days, he was gutless to be honest and I wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him. havibg said that, the hotel was great and the majority of staff brilliant. If anyone is thinking of going, insist on being included in the BAHT BONANZA and you will save a good deal of money.

Mentioned in this post
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort

Thank you, we are booking for mid November so the offer will not be on then. So it could be the seven 11 ha ha. Thank you again

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort

I went and had a look at this resort, very impressed compared to where I was staying at the Amari. Rooms are of a high standard and the pool and gardens are impecable.

if you stay you must go up to the right 500m to the Ninja's resturant. the best food for great prices! average meal $1.20 -$2 Aussie

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort

Hi there just read some of the reviews on this hotel. Just wondering whether Centara Grand is located reasonably close to the night life. My husband and I enjoy staying somewhere where we can walk to dinner, go dancing then home. Just wondering if it's location is good for that.

Thanks

Kerrie

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort

The Centara Grand is situated toward the far southern end of Chaweng.

As you may know, Chaweng is a very long resort/beach. You will certainly be in walking distance to a good number of restaurants and bars. There may be some that you will choose to take a songthaw to, but that's no big deal.

9. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 05:16