We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation, good breakfast in Chaweng

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation, good breakfast in Chaweng

So confused... would like accommodation around 4 stars with good buffet breakfast and within walking distance to restaurants etc, nice beach at Chaweng.

Travel agent recommends Centara Grand Beach Resort but a lot of mixed reports.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation, good breakfast in Chaweng

Try Chaweng Cove Resotel, buri Rasa, Banana Fan Sea, Samui Resotel. All are in the quieter part of Chaweng but close to many restaurants etc. Ce Tara is a huge resort which lots of peole love but I prefer smaller resorts like the ones above. A lot of travel agents have a very small list of resorts they use so I always just book my own either direct with the hotel or through someone like Agoda or Sawasdee.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,381 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation, good breakfast in Chaweng

Hi

Sawdee is a great place to look at what is within in your price range in your preferred location (and there are a real load to choose from) and then you can see what appeals by reading the reviews on TA. Anything in the southern end is only 20mins walk to the centre of Chaweng or a 5min Songthew ride.

We love Poppies (which is next to Chaweng Cove, which is then 2 hotels and then Centara Grand) but the breakfast is not a buffet

We always book our hotels ourself and don't go with a travel agent. Read, reserach to see what appeals to us, our style and our budget.

Have fun!

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation, good breakfast in Chaweng

I am loving Poppies as well and now that the teenagers are going we don't need a buffet breakfast to fill them up. Some people say the pool is small but as long as I can have a quick dip and head back to the sun lounge/book/cocktail I am happy.

What appeals about Poppies is that all reviews I have read are positive.

Tel
Great Yarmouth U.K
Level Contributor
659 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation, good breakfast in Chaweng

Go to Poppies. Although the breakfast is not buffet they have a good breakfast menu and you can have as much or little as you like. The other plus point is breakfast is served up to 12 noon so you can have a lay in if you want ,but the biggest plus point is you will be staying in what I feel is the best hotel in Chaweng.

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation, good breakfast in Chaweng

Amari Palm Reef and Centara should meet your needs.

Both are large, international style hotels, with extensive buffet style breakfasts, with just about anything that you could wish for.

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation, good breakfast in Chaweng

We now look like we are taking our 16 year old boy with us so now need somewhere that also has good WIFI.

I love Poppies but wondering if it is more for couples - mmm.

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation, good breakfast in Chaweng

You will pay for wifi in most hotels.

It's a complete rip off.

Some places will do a package deal on the room/transfers/a welcome dinner/wifi - I know the Amari do.

I am also told, that if you are at the Amari, go to the Blue Lagoon next door, lean over the reception counter and make a note of the wifi access code that is on the wall.

Get yourself back to the Amari, kick back on your sunbed and log in.

It's just something I heard and couldn't possibly confirm it works ;0)

8. Re: Accommodation, good breakfast in Chaweng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 05:16