We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

Penang, Pulau...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

Hi...This is my first visit to Samui and seriously there are many of us so it's considered on a tight budget..Perhaps you guys could suggest some 3 star resort/hotel/whatever accomodation which is not too pricey? i saw some of you recommended regent or baan talay etc which I consider the price abit high.Any other nice recommendation?^^

Thanks in advance!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

Hi not knowing your budget and what you want out of your holiday and of your interest or activities is hard to suggest as koh samuk has many different area beaches some are lively some are more secluded or some where between.but going to suggest these ( i have a feeling you are young) any way it might suite you.

Ark's resort and bar, baan Samui resort, baan chaeng resort and al's resort these should be properties are beach front in central chaweng nice beach and th thick of everything.

Let's us know more about you and we can help more:-)

scotland
Level Contributor
216 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

Hi,

I am thinking of booking the Nova Samui Resort. Has anyone been there,

if so, what like is it? Any information greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Janice

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,970 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

Have a look at this one http://www.khunchawengresort.com/main.php

It's new and in the cetre of Chaweng, but not beach front. However t0 the (public) beach it is just a 2 minutes walk across the road.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

Have a look at these to compares room rates.

www.sawasdee.com

www.agoda.com

www.asiaroom.com

Penang, Pulau...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

Hi dear..yeup...im young,i think =P i would prefer more on beach and shopping stuffs...since my father and boyfriend loves beach while my mum and i are more to shopping^^saw the ark bar on agoda...its on my consideration list^^ but would like to get some suggestion from u guys before i decide.thanks for the suggestion^^

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

If you're taking your mother and father I would not recommend the ark bar at all. Its right in the centre of the busiest part of Chaweng and very very noisy. Its much more suited to young partying backpackers than someone mum and dad's age. Think loud pounding music with room shaking display firework displays beachside until the early hours of the morning. Ojk if your mum and dad intend to join you in the nighclubs until the early hours of the morning but if not, I think they would find it diffcult to get much sleep in their rooms.

However, if you like shops then Chaweng is the place to be but I would head much further south or North than the ark bar. Sorry can't recommend anywhere as I personally can't stand Chaweng and have never stayed there.

Penang, Pulau...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

Really thanks for the information....not only my parents even me myself cant stand the loud music >< im definitely not those who like parties ^^ just looking for a quiet but not isolated place with nice scenery...however would hope that its near enough for some tourist spots and shops and store^^ thanks!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

Hi

I'd suggests arks bar as i thouough you were young and you didnt mention parents in your first post. We are in our 40s and me too can't stand lound music but we all ways stayed south chaweng and never have problem with it. If you are looking somewhere quiet but not isolated then south chaweng ticks all the boxes. Have s look at

Chaweng cove resotel

Baan talay resort

San souci

Samui paradis beach resort

Hope this help

First bungalow

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

The places I mentions above are beach front easy to walk to shops restaurants. The beach are nicer and cleaner and most importantly is on the quieter part.

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A 3 star hotel which is not too expensive

Have a look at Chaweng Resort and Seascape Beach Resort both 3 star, CR is prob 3 1/2 both are at the southern end of Chaweng which is an area that would suit you .