We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

london
3 posts
Save Topic
Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

we're going to be in Chaweng for about 10 days in June. Any advice on the best hotel would be greatly received. It's for our honeymoon with a budget around £150 a night.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

Poppies in South Chaweng would likely fit your budget.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

Hi

Poppies beach resort

Samui paradise beach resort (honeymoon suite)

Both on beach front of south chaweng beach nicer and quieter part of chaweng. Away from hustle and bustle but with walking distance to bars restaurants.

Good luck

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

Poppies is a great option for a honeymoon and there's a lot of restaurant options within walking distance.

London
Level Contributor
247 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

Hi,

Unless you like busy tourist resorts with loud music, annoying trucks trying to get you to visit their bar and cheap tatty stalls I would stay well away from Chaweng. The beach maybe lovely but I would stay in Bo Phut or Lamai and if you want to see the sands of Chaweng get a taxi and feel relieved you are not sleeping here! In my opinion it is not a honeymoon destination. Hope this helps.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

I have to agree with MrCroc as he's spot on when he says its busy smelly and very very noisy and there are much more romantic spots in Samui for a honeymoon. That said however, many people love Chaweng precisely because it is busy and bustling and if you're one of them then I agree with other posters that the quietest part of the beach is in the south (as long as you don't get a room on the busy ring road) and poppies is probably the most suitable hotel for a honeymoon in that area.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

honeymooner

we looked at poppies for our stay next month but it was a little out of our price range! I kept looking and found a place called Akaryn resort, you won't find any reviews on it yet as its opening the 1st of march! its got some great promotion rates and a shuttle bus runs from the hotel to bars etc! the customer service pre booking is outstanding! I'm sure the hotel will be too!

Mansfield
Level Contributor
615 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

You could also consider Sala Samui on Choeng Mon beach, another popular resort for honeymooners. Can be as private/quiet as you want yet not far from a good range of restaurants. Chaweng and Fishermans 10 mins away with good transport links without being reliant upon hotel shuttle transport.

Whatever resort you select I think you'll have a honeymoon to remember and want to return for more, Samui has that effect!

Edited: 22 February 2012, 16:11
london
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

Fresh prince, thanks for the advice, I'll check it out.

london
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I've checked out the akaryn and it's looks pretty decent. Think we'll definitly spend a few days there.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Chaweng hotels. Probably asked a million times but...

honeysooner

if you pm your email address I will send you the full brochure they have sent me! we booked 3 nights but with the option to stay longer if we wish too.

have a great time where every you stay