We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sareeraya, good or bad?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Sareeraya, good or bad?

My boyfriend and I are heading over to Koh Samui in mid-may for 5 days..

Having seen quite a number of good and bad reviews and base on our budget (USD160), we kind of narrowed our choice to Sareeraya. But before we really put our money on it, we just need some questions to clear our doubts...

Is Sareeraya considered the noisy area?

Some people say that the beach there isn't quite good, but is it reasonably clean?

Lastly, is Sareeraya worth it, or is there something else better for our budget around USD160?

Many thanks if I could get some help!! =)

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sareeraya, good or bad?

Hi

Sareeraya is on the north of chaweng beach. The beach are ok. The noise wise you should be ok in that area the busy part are in the central of chaweng beach. If you're looking for the nicer and swimable beach with white soft sand then perhaps look at the south chaweng beach instead. There's plenty of your price range in that area. South chaweng beach are still relatively quiet but easy walking to shops bars and restaurants. From sareeraya you will need to catch taxi or songtheaw if you need more choices of places for meals and drink as you will find there's not much around there.

Have a look at these properties

Buri rasa

Banana fan sea

Centara grand

Poppies

Samui resotel

Samui paradise beach resort

Sorry I can't help you regarding of the room in sareeraya I have never stay there. I'm only familiar with the area.

Johannesburg, South...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sareeraya, good or bad?

I spent my holidays in Sareeraya in the beginning of Jan and in my opinion (and looking at the reviews of the hotel, also according to others!) the location of the hotel is perfect. Unlike sweetpea above sais you should take a taxi to get access to all restaurants and bars, actually you do not need to.. I didnt use a taxi once during my stay there, I always walked along the beach or the street to the center, it took only 5 to 10 minutes to get there. The northern part of the beach where sareeraua is located is very peaceful. I think the beach was the best in this area, I walked along the beach quite a few times and must say even the sea might be better for swimming in the southern part the beach is hard to walk on and also not as clean as in the northern part.

i dont have recommendations on other hotels in that area, or even at the southern part, but im sure if you choose this hotel, it will not dissapoint you. The rooms are very spacious and the staff is so helpful with everything!

New Liskeard, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sareeraya, good or bad?

Totally agree that Sareeraya is the perfect location on Chaweng Beach. There is no need for a taxi and we walked the short distance to town along the beach and the road each day. Super easy to hop in a passing songthaew if you wish (50 baht per person) as well. Sareeraya has the cleanest, private beach and the only noise issue was the nightly fireworks and the ridiculously loud trucks that cruise the main drag blasting the theme from Rocky promoting the upcoming muay Thai matches. You will not regret your choice of hotel, it truly lived up to my high expectations!

Dubai, United Arab...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sareeraya, good or bad?

Hi I am wondering if you have any information on the Sareeraya Jacuzzi Suite. Should we stay on the ground floor with pool access and Jacuzzi or on the 1st / 2nd floor? I would assume the ground floor because it has a jacuzzi and access to the pool but a friend advised me that the 1st and 2nd floor is better. I'm not really sure and would appreciate information from someone who has stayed there before. Thanks.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sareeraya, good or bad?

As Mandy says noise wise it depends on which room you get. Some of the rooms border the main road and you will suffer from traffic noise. The noise from the vans that advertise the thai boxing can be deafening. Also for firework noise read room shaking industrial strength fireworks that are let off by the people at the bar next door, and the firework blasts will go on until 1-2am. If you're a heavy sleeper or won't be back in your room until way past 2am then this hotel should suit. If you're a light sleeper or go to bed earlier then perhaps stay somewhere else.

New Liskeard, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sareeraya, good or bad?

If having a sea view from your room is a major factor then you'll want an upper floor with jacuzzi tub. I personally loved the pool-access suites on the ground floor for cooling off and as the resort is quite compact, you're never more than a 30 second stroll to a beachside lounge chair. I am a very light sleeper, but, avoiding excessive noise late at night in Chaweng is fairly unlikely as the hotels can do nothing to stop others from setting off fireworks along the beach. If peace and quiet are what you seek, Choeng Mon is tranquil and a short drive from the action in Chaweng. I'll be back at Sareeraya in less than 2 months and cannot wait! Safe travels to you!

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sareeraya, good or bad?

yes agree Sareeraya

is a great place and i dont like chaweng at all

nice beach and walking distance to more nightlife

fireworks are a thai pastime and will be going off at all resorts for birthdays and holidays and weddings ,so you cannot escape these no matter where you are in thailand

cheers

Dean cleeton

spore
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sareeraya, good or bad?

Hi,

I am thinking of booking the pool access room. Any idea if the room is 'open' as I would prefer something more private.

As for the noise from the vans that advertise the thai boxing can be deafening, is it similar to the kind at Patong beach? I stayed at The Nap hotel at Patong beach (Phuket) previously and was often woke up by the loud hailer from the van that passed by.

Manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sareeraya, good or bad?

Hi

Sareeraya is perfect - it's our favourite hotel ever! The service from the staff is amazing! 3 years later and we still speak to them on Facebook. The location is perfect, just outside the busyness but near enough to walk. Really close to the Larder restaurant (a must) and some nice bars. The beach north end isn't amazing but the pool at Sareeraya is great.

I wouldn't say Chaweng is anything like Patong. We stayed in La Flora last year in Patong and found it all a bit much with the huge shopping complexes and Bangla road. Koh Samui is in my opinion much nicer - no tall buildings (you can't build above palm tree height) and people aren't there to rip you off. You'll never hear "same same". Although Chaweng is busy we love sitting in a bar watching people go by.

This time we are staying for 2 weeks at Buri Rasa hopefully we will love it as much as Sareeraya. Get a jacuzzi beach view room, view is amazing and far better than a swim out suite. Enjoy.

10. Re: Sareeraya, good or bad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 07:19