We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

Hi there,

We are spending 5 nights in Chaweng early July, just curious as to if there are any good indian restaurants in central Chaweng?

We love Thai and Indian cuisine, nothing fancy though, just good ol' Indian food thats well priced and fresh.

Are there any places like that in Chaweng?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

Hi there

Yes there are plenty of Indian restaurants on chaweng beach road ( you will have a hard time which one to choose ) unfortunately I can't help you out which one to go for it as I'm never keen on Indian food. Sorry :(

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

Definitely get an international permit! The hire car places won't ask for them but if you read the fine print in the car hire insurance it will say that if you have an accident you must have the permit to be covered. Our travel insurance required one as well. They are only a few dollars so be on the safe side!

I can't remember cost but it wasn't expensive

Driving in Koh is nothing like Bangkok, even in the busy areas. We stay away from the main street of Chaweng but apart from that it is fine and such a great way to see the island. You really can't get lost so take a day or two to explore :)

Apart from the insurance thing, I agree with everything knackers posted :)

Edited: 14 May 2012, 07:53
Portsmouth, UK
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

We are still in Koh Samui - we ate at Noori India. Excellent food and very good prices. We had starters, mains, rice, breads and drinks and the bill was around 900 baht for two of us.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

Not in Chaweng but on Choeng Mon beach, there's a good indian called Akbhar. Very good food and very reasonably priced.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

What the heck happened with my post LOL. I posted then went to edit and it has come up with an old one! Oh well, the advice about the drivers permit is still good...

My post also recommended Noori India. It is on the Chaweng Road right next to Poppies. Beautiful food, inexpensive and there were lots of happy diners when we were there. It is always a good sign when you see people ordering more bread to mop up every last drop of the curry sauces :)

Mansfield
Level Contributor
594 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

Noori is good.....but Akbar on Choeng Mon is far better.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

Lol @ JustAllie! Thought i might need a drivers permit to have a curry! ;)

Will give Noori India a look in when we there! Thanks for the suggestions so far, hopefully there'll be some more good options!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

We will be touring the island so will stop in at Akbar too for lunch one day. Thanks!

9. Re: Any good Indian restaurants in Chaweng?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:16