We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poppies - family holiday???

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UAE
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Poppies - family holiday???

Any thoughts on a family holiday at Poppies? Will 4 of us ( 2 Adults and our 9 yr old children) be ok in one of their cottages or will it be too much or a squeeze. One will sleep on the couch and a roll away bed provided for the other.

Last year we stayed at Samui Paradise in the Family suite on the beach. It was completely bliss and perfect however very pricey so trying to cut back a little on the budget. Poppies is half the price and I think the cottages at Poppies look nicer than the other rooms at Samui Paradise. The pool looks similar size to Samui Paradise pool - is that right? Our kids were in the sea most of the time so maybe thats not a biggy.

Any recommendations on other resorts for families would be great. We want to stay in the same area as were very happy down that end of the beach. We are going end of August.

Many thanks

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poppies - family holiday???

Hi

I think travel Mitch would probably the best person to answer this question. However I have an impressions they are not geared up for family ( maybe a little kids) based on some of the reviews.

If you are looking for the same area next resort up from Samui paradise is Chaweng cove resotel ( more of the budget)

Centara grand beach resort next to poppies resort ( great for family big pool with kids pool and a lot of activities for children both in the pool and at sea.

Banana fan sea resort next to centara grand ( the pool area a bit cramped and has steps down in to the beach)

All of these I am highly recommended centara grand.

Hope this help

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poppies - family holiday???

Chaweng Cove Resotel have great family poolview villas that divide in half. They have a double or queen in each side so the kids can have their own area. The villas are very high quality and it is right next door to Poppies so the location is in the area you want. We loved this resort so if you want any further info feel free to PM me :)

I think Poppies is gorgeous but probably not ideal as a family holiday spot with 4 of you in the room. Centara is always popular for families so that us another option - for me it is too big but that us personal choice.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,747 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poppies - family holiday???

Hi

Yes, you are so right Pea, Poppies is not really set up for a family holiday. You could get everyone in one of the cottages, but you would only have the one small bathroom. The facilities for children are limited.

Wonderful hotel, but not with family!

All the other choices mentioned by Pea and Allie are worth investigating.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,329 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poppies - family holiday???

Poppies is nice but really geared towards couples. We spent a few nights there last year while on honeymoon. The service overall was very good BUT it's a fairly small resort with not alot more than a small but functional swimming pool. The cottages are quite nice but I think kids might get a little bored there. I would choose to stay at the Centara Grand if I had little humans to keep happy.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,747 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poppies - family holiday???

Went to edit but Prince got in first.

The pool in poppies is pretty small, and boarders the restaruant . . .

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,329 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Poppies - family holiday???

lol TM.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Poppies - family holiday???

I've just come back from Poppies and it's a lovely resort, there were a couple of families there and have to say the staff made a big fuss of them but for a family holiday my choice would be Centara.

Also the pool at Poppies is more of a paddling pool.

8. Re: Poppies - family holiday???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:18