We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

Brisbane
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

Hi Everyone,

Is is just me or is the Cheweng Regent very expensive??

I have been looking at going with 2 kids aged 8 and 5 yrs

I would like 2 Deluxe Regency as these seem to be the only ones interconnecting and look quite nice. I wanted the ground floor near the back pool.

The cost is coming in at around 470.00 AUD per night for 2 rooms including breakfast..that is based on a stay pay deals as well stay 9 pay 6. FEB 2013

I know Feb is higher than say June but even June was close to $400.00 per night.

I have been to Amari properties throughout Thailand and Hol Inn at Phuket and Bangkok and still have never paid anywhere near that cost. These hotels I have always booked family type rooms where everyone gets a bed- 2 rooms in one. So they may come in cheaper than 2 rooms.

And before you all say I should stay somewhere cheaper.. I like 4 star hotels.. and I don't see the point of staying somewhere under 4 star as it is a holiday and I have just paid close to $4000 for airfares so it may as well be nice!! I also find the service and quality better when you have kids and feeding kids within the resort.

The Suites at the Regent are even more expensive and this is one room with the kids sharing the sofabed.

I have read many reviews about families getting 2 rooms and wonder if most families are paying this sort of price from AUS?? Around $400.00??

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who to book through?

Thank you

Nicky

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

Hi

If you have stay at Amari properties throughout Thailand then perhaps check out another Amari property here in koh Samui, Amari palm reef not far from Chaweng regent.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

Thanks

The Amari in a family duplex is around $250 p .nt including breakfast...so considerably cheaper. I am worried as my last Amari experience was very ordinary...food and service mainly. But with such price difference it may be worth the move

Thx

Brisbane
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

Thanks

The Amari in a family duplex is around $250 p .nt including breakfast...so considerably cheaper. I am worried as my last Amari experience was very ordinary...food and service mainly. But with such price difference it may be worth the move

Thx

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

I think you're trying to book too early so the price will be higher, also check out the Centara and the Banana Fan as the beach in front is better than the Chaweng Regent. I always check out the Asiatravel website as they usually have some good deals but only if you book nearer the time.

www.asiatravel.com

swanhillaustralia
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

Hi we stayed at centara grand in a deluxe ocean facing rooms with guaranteed interconnecting rooms agent confirmed this for us we paid 2400 aus for 10 nights on a pay stay deal our kids are 15 and 13 and it was perfect rooms had balcony and king singles and king bed respectfully this price included full breakfast which was excellent and all transfers which went smoothly. Couldn't fault the hotel pools grounds beach beautiful the south Chaweng beaches are superior to that of the north which can be very rocky. Lots of activities for children and very secure enviroment for them to be Indepentant . You can walk to centre in 10 min but there is loads of shops beauty parlours 7/11 on doorstep and it's only a few $ to get taxis anywhere . day time the resort is perfect as very hot and night is for shopping etc we also looked at chewing regent and location is in the thick of things but in my opinion not as plush as centara and would be noisy at night hope this helps I know feb is more expensive but can be heaps more surely centara rooms are big and the decor is alittle tired but we found we spent little time there and the rest was perfect

Brisbane
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

Thanks eoc2

I have been looking at this property aswell but have not done a price comparison.

Around the $240 or under $300.00 I think is reasonable for 2 rooms at a 4 star with breaky but well over $400.00 is getting a little too much at the Chewang Regent

I will keep my eye out for specials and do some comparisons....everyone seems to say the beach is nicer around Centara and Amari and the walk as you said is not that far.

Thanks will look at Centara

Nicky

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

Hi

Agree the beach around Centara grand ( south chaweng beach.. are much nicer than around chaweng regent and amari). You will find plenty of bars restaurants both on beach and the main chawrng beach road. You can just hop on songtheaw to central of chaweng says 10mins if you want more options for shops bars restaurants. Just out the front there are cheap laundry services and family mart.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,915 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

I stayed at the Amari a couple of weeks ago and I thought the food and service was top class.

I know that they have a new GM.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

Hi. We are staying at the Chaweng Regent next month.

I got a good deal with Hotel.com.

Sign up for their newsletter & every few months they have a 10% voucher you can use on top of any sales that are on.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is is just me or is Cheweng Regent Pricey??

If you can get the Centara for the price indicated above I would grab it asap. The hotel is lovely, fantastic pool ,and on a much nicer patch of beach than the Chaweng Regent.