We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaweng Regent or Centara Grand??

Melbourne
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chaweng Regent or Centara Grand??

We are travelling in a group of about 15 people with 4 children. We would like something close to all restaurants, bars, nice beach etc.

We are tossing up between the Chaweng Regent and the Centara Grand. I have stayed at the Regent and loved it but am interested in what everyone else would choose.

Which hotel would you recommend?? Your opinions are much appreciated - thanks!!!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaweng Regent or Centara Grand??

Hi

Chaweng regent is in the thick of all things the beach are just ok.

Centara grand bigger area lots of room for childrend to raom around when they are tired from beach or swimming pool, bigger grounds beautiful, still relative nice and quieter within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The beach are much more better quality then around Chaweng regent.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaweng Regent or Centara Grand??

Centara has a better beach than the Regent so that would be my choice.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,389 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaweng Regent or Centara Grand??

Centara Grand - a bit quieter, nice beach, walk to centre - gets my vote!

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaweng Regent or Centara Grand??

Hi, I ve stayed at the Centara a couple of times and love the hotel and the location, sure you wont be dissapointed.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chaweng Regent or Centara Grand??

Thanks so much for your feedback and opinions! I think we have now made up our minds :-) cheers!!

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chaweng Regent or Centara Grand??

I have only stayed at Centara Grand but loved it there .

7. Re: Chaweng Regent or Centara Grand??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 05:17