We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Choice with Scuba Diving, Snokerling

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Queens Village, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Choice with Scuba Diving, Snokerling

I really want to get Diving certificate and able to do some Snorkeling onside from the Hotel. That is the whole point I am going to Koh Samui.

Looking for hotel under $200 USD for 3 nights, which is the best hotel that fits this criteria.

Many thanks for your time in advance.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Choice with Scuba Diving, Snokerling

Have you considered Koh Tao? It might be more convenient for you if the aim of your trip is snorkelling/diving. Most dive places on Koh Samui will head over that way anyway, if you stay on KT it will save travelling back and forth.

There really isn't much in the way of snorkelling off the beaches on Samui. They do have lovely clear waters but not much to see. We stayed at Charm Churee on Koh Tao as part of our Samui trip and loved being able to walk into the small beach and be surrounded by fish.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Choice with Scuba Diving, Snokerling

Hi

Agree with justallie if your trip is for snorkeling then head to koh Tao instead.

Cheers,

Queens Village, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Choice with Scuba Diving, Snokerling

Thank you so much. I did not even know Koh Tao existed. Will look into that, thanks again.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Choice with Scuba Diving, Snokerling

Agree, Koh Tao is great, if you have enough time you can mix a stay on Koh Samui with Koh Tao, they are very different and just a ferry ride between them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JPRLQIvqDY

Koh Tao Forum:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g303910-i9415-K…

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,229 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Choice with Scuba Diving, Snokerling

Make that 4, head to Tao. Its an hour by ferry from Samui, and has some of the best diving and snorkelling in the area!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Choice with Scuba Diving, Snokerling

Ditto. Hubby and I stayed on Samui, but he had to get a boat out (right near Koh Tao) for diving. You might as well save yourself the travel time.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Choice with Scuba Diving, Snokerling

hi guys

if diving /snorkeling is your only reason then don't come to samui

if you are coming from bangkok then you can get the ferry from chumpon to koh tao

koh tao is the diving capitol in the gulf of thailand

3 days to certification usually with accommodation included

you can do the same in samui ,however the cost is more because they will take you diving on koh tao

and not very good snorkeling around samui [compared to koh Tao]

i did my diving with Rocktopuss dive

check them out on the net

cheers

dean cleeton

8. Re: Hotel Choice with Scuba Diving, Snokerling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2013, 10:19