We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

I went to the local travel agent today to get a price for Nora in August 2013 and was quoted 6,500 for 10 nights and thats not with airfares

only accomadation. We want to dept Melbourne Australia to Singapore then Koh Samui but that price is way out of our budget.

Would love to hear all your ideas and any advice.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

Its peak season in Samui - have you looked at any of the online bookings sites like agoda, asiarooms, sawadee?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

Two things, I think you are trying to book a little too early for August. And secondly, don't use a travel agent!!! The quotes are always higher.

I am not sure which room category you are looking, but I just did a quick search online and for 10 nights in August, I got $2500 AUD for a Nora Ocean Villa. Do you care to share your dates and which room you want and maybe we can have a look for you or help you out?

Cheers, Steph

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

As steph says it's too early the hotels won't have their rates in place yet for next year and if they do they will start very high, I would wait until February or March.

Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

Thanks for your advice guys i will do as you say and wait till later and book

i just thought they all may get booked out.

Steph looking at Ocean Nora Villa early august not exactly sure of dates but will be 1, 2,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, around there wont to stay 10 nights.

Some people say to me 10 nights is to long we have stayed in Patong the last 3 times and thought we,d try something different .

Many Thanks

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

Everybody is different......10-14 nights is about perfect....

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

Hi

August is high season in koh Samui. I would suggest contact the resort direct and wait until at least march when most hotel release new prices.

Agree with Jaime everyone is different when come to holiday. Keep in mind Phuket are lager than koh Samui there for they have more varieties of things to do and see and also easy access to others part or neighboring inland. Koh Samui you might find they are a lot less of things to do but still plenty to be had. With 10 days you could split your stay to neighboring islands the like of koh Tao, koh phagnan.

The mane time you could check out the hotel and map here www.sawadee.com/

Cheers,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

Okay, when I put the dummy booking in, I used the 1st to the 11th (10 nights) and it came up to 250 AUD per night, which included the 15% discount for 10 nights or more. That was for the Ocean Villa.

It's amazing how different the price is from the travel agent hey? I would wait until early Feb maybe? Then pop your dates into the Tripadvisor search function on the page where the reviews are on the hotel and see what rates come up. Then contact the hotel direct to see if they can offer the same/better/throw stuff in.

Good luck :)

ETA To be honest, I am not sure if they book out, I have not been in August. But, even if you are happy to book now, you know you can get a much better deal without the agent. It couldn't hurt to see what the hotel can offer now? They might be able to do a deal that is fully cancellable, that way if you find a better rate later you are not stuck.

Edited: 11 December 2012, 23:38
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

For me 10 days would be too long - I would also look at koh phagnan. (We are doing it in April)

As Pea says Phuket has

"more varieties of things to do and see and also easy access to others part or neighboring inland"

9. Re: Nora Beach Resort Help. I cant beleive this.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 10:16