We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Hi everyone,

We've narrowed down our options to a week at either Poppies or Paradise Samui. We are a family of 4 and the websites don't have clear info on how many can fit in a room. Just going by the website Paradise Samui looks way more expensive as the only option for 4. Judging by the reviews Poppies seems the best option but in the photos Paradise Samui seems to have the bigger/better beach area.

Any advice would be fabulous, cheers Kate

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Hi, Poppies is geared more towards couples. The pool is tiny. Nice little resort though.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poppies or Paradise Samui?

We stayed at Poppies this year and as prince has said it's more geared to couples and I don't think they have family rooms, there's no difference with the beach as they are only a few minutes walk away from each other. Generally the Paradise is usually cheaper than Poppies but you don't say when you're planning the trip.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Just to add I would check out the Centara as it's also located on the same stretch of beach and they are very family oriented and I know they have family rooms.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Hi

Yes agree checkout Centara grand beach resort ( 2 properties down from poppies).

Poppies as Prince says its gears towards the couple. If you have to choose from these two then I would say Samui paradise as they have family room/ bungalow.

Cheers,

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Hi

Paradise Samui, unless you can stretch to Centara Grand. Poppies is not really child friendly - well the staff are but the set up is not really so.

South Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Thanks for the tips. I will check out Centara but looks a lot bigger than what we were looking for, we don't really like big hotels or resorts and also don't need a pool, much prefer the beach. There are a couple of family reviews on Poppies where they say they have all squashed into one room and liked the look of it because its so small. Paradise Samui website doesn't really say how many to a room and their family rooms looked way more expensive than Poppies. I think I will drop them an email. We are hoping to go in September.

Thanks again for your help everyone!

Coffs Harbour
Level Contributor
267 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Samui Paradise has only one family room which consists of 2 bedrooms. If you can afford it book it. Way better than poppies and its set right on the beach and 20 paces to the pool. The kids will love it. Centara suits families better but I wouldn't stay there for the same reasons you outline. We stay annually at Samui Paradise and if you go you will understand why. Good Luck.

South Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Thanks, I've emailed Samui Paradise to check whether we can squeeze 4 into one of their other rooms, the family suite is a bit beyond our budget (looks fab though).

Thanks everyone for your help, cheers!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,222 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Hi

Poppies are little cottages. You have a veranda, which is the main entry into the cottage. Immediatly in front of you is the double bed (not sure what you call it in AUS but we call it a double bed - full or queen), there is a small bedside cabinet next to the bed. There is a very small wardrobe to the right of the bed (left if you are in a mirror layout)this fills the back wall of the cottage. Beside the wardrobe is the door into the very small bathroom, there is an outdoor garden but the bathroom is roofed, but has no a/c, the shower is sunken (and can be a trip hazzard)

Standing at the foot of the bed there is an area that is the width of the verandah which has a large sofa bed that could sleep a child, then a coffee / fridge.

The cottages are lovely and a home from home, but for a family of 4 it would be cozy!!

You may find this link a useful one --->> www.poppiessamui.com/en/poppies-tour.html to see the layout.

South Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Poppies or Paradise Samui?

Thanks for your help, I have emailed Poppies and they said in addition to the sofa bed they bring in a roll away bed so the cottage is suitable for 2 small children. Its a bit hard to tell how "small" the kids need to be, my girls are 11 and 9 so I'm thinking yes it will be cosy but sounds lovely.

I'm still waiting to hear from Paradise Samui, we can't stretch the budget to the family room but not sure if they can squeeze 2 kids into one of their other rooms.

I do love all this planning.....holidays are the best!