We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going around in square circles about accommodation!

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
297 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
going around in square circles about accommodation!

Hi - thanks in advance for helping me here!

We have decided on Chaweng Beach south, not too close to the heart of things so we can still get sleep!

we haven't got a megga budget with a family of five - two adult boys who will share and my husband, myself and our four year old.

I have been trying to find something decent for around 4500- 5000 baht per night per room, could go a little higher for January.

Love the look of Banana Fan, Centura, Bura Rasi but I think they are going to be just too much!

Where else could you recommend for a middle of the road budget?? There seems to be a BIG gap between nice and not so nice.

thanks again :0) Kirsty

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going around in square circles about accommodation!

Have a look at Baan Talay which has recently had a big renovation and Chaweng Cove Resotel (poolview room has a queen and a single bed). All the villas are very good quality for the price and I think the hotel rooms are the ones that seem to get the poorer reviews.

Unfortunately January is peak season so the rates are much higher than other times of the year. Check out rates with the hotels themselves and also with Sawasdee, Agoda, Asia Rooms etc - often the rates will be a lot lower.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going around in square circles about accommodation!

I would also look at the Baan Talay which has just had a major refurbishment and as it was closed for a while it may be offering professional rates.

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
297 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going around in square circles about accommodation!

thanks very much - will have a look at your suggestions.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going around in square circles about accommodation!

Hi

Another vote for Baan Talay and chaweng resotel.

Cheers,

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
297 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going around in square circles about accommodation!

Thanks sweetheart!

Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: going around in square circles about accommodation!

We are just back and chaweng is too built up, and the aeroplanes r sooooo loud as next to airport we only went for a day n i was glad of that, if i was you id stay in fishermans village area in bophut

So jealous! Enjoy!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: going around in square circles about accommodation!

I disagree with Cheryl, while Chaweng is different to FV its not plagued with airplanes unless you are right under the flight path which South Chaweng is not.

I think South Chaweng is great and went 3 times last year. Enjoy

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: going around in square circles about accommodation!

I have to agree with Matt I have never heard the noise from the planes. Seen them fly over from time to times on the beach but didn't hear any noise. You must be some where near the airport or north of Chaweng.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: going around in square circles about accommodation!

Another regular who stays in south Chaweng and I have never been bothered by planes flying overhead. You see them to the north but don't hear them at all. I think this area would suit your family and the age groups etc.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
550 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: going around in square circles about accommodation!

Email Banana Fan direct.sales@bananafansea.com and you may be suprised what they can offer you. Depends on how many nights you require