We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of living in Chewang

England
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of living in Chewang

Staying at Chewang Regent Beach resort at end of June. We are a family of four adults and our first time to Thailand. Have no idea about the cost of living and how much it will cost for food and drinks for 2 weeks for the four of us. We are used to all inclusive in the Caribbean so not sure how much to budget for all of us.From what i have read there are loads of lovely restaurants and bars nearby, but would appreciate any ideas on cost of living etc.

Many thanks

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of living in Chewang

Hi

I think last of living is depends on how and where you choose to eat or drinks. If you eat and drinks In the high end places you will expecting to pay as much as home.

My family roughly spend around $100 a day each ( accoms and breakfast excluded) that's only form something simple for dinner, drinks or two, snacks and sometime massage. Some day we spend more or less it is depends on where and what we do.

Cheers,

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of living in Chewang

hi guys

sweet pea is correct

you can dine out at high class restaurant and easily spend just as much [or more if wine is involved]

for a nice dinner on the beach

or you could try small road side shacks [that usually have the best thai food] for 1 pound per dish

in general beers and cocktails will be cheaper than UK [but wine will break the bank ]

an example is Hansar restaurant in bophut [glass of wine 500 thai baht or about 12 pounds]

so budgeting is really your choice

cheers

Dean Cleeton

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
651 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of living in Chewang

As a guide I have paid around 1700 Baht per day for food, drinks and tours/fuel for two people on a beach holiday.

Over the last 3 years it has consistently worked out to be this figure and comprises streetfood, streetmarket food and local restaurant food with one or two drinks per day.

So as a guide I would suggest that 1000 Baht per person per day should be your minimum and you will spend more than that if you drink more beer, drink wine or eat in the hotel restaurant or eat a lot of expensive seafood.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,775 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of living in Chewang

Hi, I would agree with above but we usually buy beer and snacks at 7/11 for afternoon drinks. If you spend a lot of time in bars it could be dearer.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of living in Chewang

The 7/11's will make the difference to your costs, especially with kids buy drinks and snacks there for the beach. all inclusives are pretty expensive even although everything's included so I doubt a holiday in Thailand will cost you more in the end.

6. Re: Cost of living in Chewang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Chaweng
Recent Conversations