We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Hotel South Chaweng Budget- Around 3000THB per night

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Family Hotel South Chaweng Budget- Around 3000THB per night

Hello,

We are looking for a nice family hotel in South Chaweng with a budget of around 3000THB per night for a family with one 5 year old and one 18 month old. We are aware of the Chaweng Cove Resotel but am after any other recommendations in a similar location- the amount of choice is a bit overwhelming!

Thanks

Valeska

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Hotel South Chaweng Budget- Around 3000THB per night

The time of the year that you travel will make a difference to how far your budget will go.

Which month?

With a family and knowing you want to be in Sth Chaweng along with a budget you won't be too overwhelmed as it will eliminate a lot of places.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Hotel South Chaweng Budget- Around 3000THB per night

Its in January so peak time- but around 17th January when it drops off a bit : )

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Hotel South Chaweng Budget- Around 3000THB per night

Hi

The peak time won't drop off until at least mid feb unfortunately. With your budget you can still find some whewr but it won't be beach front. You might find some whew a bit in land. Have a look here www.sawadee.com/hotel/kohsamui

Cheers

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Hotel South Chaweng Budget- Around 3000THB per night

If you can get Chaweng Cove for that price I would go for it as it is a very suitable hotel for a family and a good part of the beach. In saying that the water will not be very calm then so if you do go inland a bit as Pea suggested you wont be missing out on to much. Or look at a slightly lower star hotel.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Hotel South Chaweng Budget- Around 3000THB per night

I would also look no further if you get the Chaweng cove, it's on the best stretch of beach and if it's within budget.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Hotel South Chaweng Budget- Around 3000THB per night

I like Chaweng Cove but I don't know that you will get it for your budget at that time of year. There are the hotel rooms which are nowhere near as nice as the villas although they are still pretty good. I'm not sure that 4 of you would fit into a villa? We had 3 of us in the family poolview bungalow and that was fine but there wasn't a lot of free space. Add a toddler and I think it would be too squeezy. The deluxe hotel room might be a bit bigger and it would be around your budget. You could try contacting them to see what they suggest. We have always found them to be helpful. The family poolview would be ideal but is about double your budget :(

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,817 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Hotel South Chaweng Budget- Around 3000THB per night

Hi

The prices for PEAK season is normally from just before Christmas to around mid January - this covers all the various new years and Christmas in Europe.

The High season is from around Mid January until after the Easter holidays are over and done!

So if you can get the Chaweng Cove for that go for it, otherwise I like looking at sawadee.com as it offers lots of options.

Happy planning.

8. Re: Family Hotel South Chaweng Budget- Around 3000THB per night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 06:20