We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
weather

Out of curiosity, what has the weather bn like in October. We wanted to go nxt Oct but bcoz reviews said Oct is not a good month always raining we've booked to go end of May beginning of June

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,702 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

The prevailing winds aka monsoon change around October / November. So if the winds change early the weather might be prone to more rain, if the winds change late then it might be ok! Hit or miss, you just never know!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

The time you are going is good but I would have been happy enough with this years October. not perfect but still lots of good days.

Camille is a local guy that has a great weather blog and reports the weather daily. You can scroll to the bottom of the page and see older posts or search by months etc.

He adds a overview of each month at the end to wrap up how he thought the month was and welcomes in the new month.

http://samui-weather.blogspot.co.nz/

But as Travelling Mitch comments, you just never know and there are no guarantees for May or June either as odd things can happen but it generally is a good time.

have a great trip.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

hi guys

october just gone we had a few thunder storms and heavy downpours however not very wet compared to other octobers

so far now in november still the monsoon hasnt really happened [wind is not moving much]

and its pretty hot at present

cheers

dean cleeton

Magor, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Aww thanku everyone, looking forward to our trip nxt year :D

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

We've always been there at the end of May and have always had good weather so I would choose it over October.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

It is fantastic in june. my wife and i have been holidaying for the last 14 years at that time, sometimes starting early right through to mid july. we found that july can be wet. good luck. Eileen & Colin Australia.

7. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Chaweng
Recent Conversations