We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8000 baht a day budget?

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire, United...
1 post
Save Topic
8000 baht a day budget?

Me and my partner are going to chaweng over christmas and new year and just wondering if 8000 baht a day will be enough?

We have our hotel and everything else paid for.

We will just be hanging out by the pool all day having afew cocktails, Then going out at night for a meal and more cocktails :) maybe go to some nightclubs/bars! We are not really upmarket people but we do like to eat in decent places.

Also how much do jet skis cost on avg.

Thanks

Jess.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,269 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8000 baht a day budget?

Be careful with Jet ski's.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293918-i7560-k5…

8000 baht is about £160. £80 pp would be enough for most people..

Edited: 14 January 2014, 16:40
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8000 baht a day budget?

Hi, that's a healthy budget and as Dodger says will be more than enough even if you do eat at upmarket places and drink a lot of cocktails.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,391 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 8000 baht a day budget?

Your budget will even allow for some reasonably decent wine for dinner.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8000 baht a day budget?

That is a very healthy budget and would allow tours etc to be included on some days.

you may spend this much some days if you go all out but others you may only spend a fraction. We spent on average about half of that for 3 of us (2 adults, 1 teen) and we weren't skimping.

I am another that would caution you about hiring jet skis. Do a search of the forum and you will find quite a few posts about unhappy hirers.

Edited: 15 January 2014, 00:16
New Zealand
Level Contributor
536 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8000 baht a day budget?

You should be able to spend far less than 8000 baht a day unless you really want to splash out at expensive restaurant every night. Just a caution wine is very expensive in Thailand and alot of it is poor quality. A bottle of decent NZ wine that we would pay approx 3000 baht for here will cost you triple that in Samui. If you plan to do any trips or tours wait until you arrive in Samui as the price will generally be cheaper.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8000 baht a day budget?

That budget would last the wife and I nearly 3 days.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8000 baht a day budget?

That would last me, my husband and 2 kids for ages, you will be able to do plenty with that budget.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 8000 baht a day budget?

Same as I pay for a months rent on a 3 bedroom house in Bangkok, you should be able to scrape by on that.

Jetskis will cost whatever you have in your wallet and can get out of the ATM while being threatened, best to avoid.

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
297 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 8000 baht a day budget?

Phew that os a large budget! You will have a super time on that amount.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 8000 baht a day budget?

Wow - that's almost enough for you both to go to Angthong National Marine Park with 100 Degrees East..... but not quite enough.