We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Advice for South Chaweng

England
4 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation Advice for South Chaweng

My husband and I are travelling in July, (we are both in our 40's) we have read the forums and believe South Chaweng to be a good option for beaches and restaurants etc. We need to find a good hotel, beach hut or B&B, for 6 - 12 nights stay (would stay the full twelve nights if could find a great hotel).

Our budget is around £80- £100 a night, looking for a quiet (sleep very important) place, but within walking distance of bars, restaurants and night life.

Important to us are:

*Quiet rooms

*Nice beach for swimming & snorkelling

*Walking or short distance to bars and restaurants

*Comfy bed and A/C

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Advice for South Chaweng

Hi there, July is a good time to visit as you should get good weather and some good value for your money. I've had a bit of a look on Sawasdee to see what is available in your price range. These are all well rated hotels on a lovely part of the beach and I think would suit what you are looking for:

Baan Talay - for a couple of pounds over your budget you could get a beachfront room, Sawasdee has a 40% discount at the moment :) Otherwise the poolview bungalows have been recently renovated as has the pool

Centara Grand - deluxe ocean facing. Just over budget (again just going on Sawasdee prices you may be able to get better). This isn't my style of hotel because it is very large but if that is what you like it is worth a look.

Banana Fan Sea - is showing as sold out but that may only be this booking site.

Buri Rasa - Again just over budget but worth checking to see if you can get a better deal on other booking sites or direct with the hotel.

Ozo Chaweng is opening in April 2014. They have some great deals and it looks very modern etc. but I am not sure on whether it will be a quiet style hotel or more party style.

Samui Paradise - right at the tip of southern Chaweng. I love this area and this is a lovely boutique style hotel. A junior suite would be a couple of pounds over budget but definitely worth considering.

Samui Resotel - more modern style, you could get a pool access room.

I hope that helps, if you look at them on Sawasdee and click on Location it will give you an idea of where they are situated in relation to each other.

England
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Advice for South Chaweng

Thanks so much for checking, I will have a look at these hotels and see what is available and what is the best price.

Cheers

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Advice for South Chaweng

Hi, the Samui Paradise would be a good option if you can get it within budget as well as the Sawadee website check out www.asiatravel.com and www.hotelscombined.com for availability

4. Re: Accommodation Advice for South Chaweng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 06:35
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,719 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Advice for South Chaweng

Hi

The others have made some good suggestions, there are so many that fit the bill. Our budget is around £80- £100 a night, looking for a quiet (sleep very important) place, but within walking distance of bars, restaurants and night life.

you will meet most of your criteria _ £80- £100 a night, looking for a quiet (sleep very important) place, but within walking distance of bars, restaurants and night life, quiet rooms, Nice beach for swimming, Comfy bed and A/C

You will have to skip the snorkelling as Chaweng is not really a great snorkelling place. The best snorkelling is in Koh Tao some 2 hours ferry ride away.

Beds tend to be pretty hard in Thailand. The most comfortable bed we have had was at the Centara Grand.

Post #4 is promotion. This poster only posts about this hotel. It has only just opened!!

Trouble is as there are so many hotels it is hard to know what to suggest. I either go to the list on TA and read the reviews - you can look at the location and see what price, then look at hotelscombined or trivago and see what offers us the best deal.

6. Re: Accommodation Advice for South Chaweng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Chaweng
Recent Conversations