We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 adults and 2 children accommodation on/near main Chaweng

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
2 adults and 2 children accommodation on/near main Chaweng

Hi, hoping for some good advice please - finding it hard to find good value accommodation for 2 adults and 2 children within walking distance of the main part of Chewang.

We are going late September/early October 2014. Number of nights is

Ideally don't wish to spend more than THB7,000 per night.

Wish list:

-kids club;

-beds enough for 4 people (children aged 6 and 8)

-adjoining rooms if possible - but don't like the idea of paying for 2 x rooms to have this option.

-while happy for short tuk tuk ride, would like to be able to walk to main Chaweng area if decide to leave hotel/accommodation

-included breakfast would be appreciated, but don't know if there are other places that we can get nice breakfast that kids will actually eat in the case that breakfast is not provided.

- not fussed if we need to look at option of self catered accommodation but really need safe option for kids to be looked after on some occasions. Hence liking the kids club idea.

-Pool is necessary.

Are there any really good deals about that I should be looking out for?

Really appreciate any advice that people are able to provide. Thanks :-)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,132 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 adults and 2 children accommodation on/near main Chaweng

Not many places have a kids club, and the number in Chaweng is just the one, and that is probably outside your preferred location on Chaweng, over budget and room requirements - Centara Grand. I can't think of any more in Chaweng. There is a good nanny service on Samui, it is mentioned in the trip report for Centara Grand tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293918-i7560-k7…

You don't get tuk tuks on Samui, you get the old fashioned songthew - ute taxis, with a covered back and 2 bench seats that you just wave done and they will continue to pick folks up until full. Don't stay in resort, Samui is worth exploring, I can't imagine travelling to Samui and just staying in resort.

You can always get a brekki, we often choose to eat ours out than in the hotel.

Have you looked at any hotels, as a shortlist is easy to comment on, especially are you have such very specific requirements.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 adults and 2 children accommodation on/near main Chaweng

Hi

I think Centara grand in south chaweng tick most of your boxes but it might over your budget as TM says. Also I don't think 4 in one bed would be comfortable. But should be fine with king bed and rollaway bed. That being said October / November is low season in Samui you might get a good package deals from travel agency flights + hotel.

Cheers,

Queensland
Level Contributor
162 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 adults and 2 children accommodation on/near main Chaweng

Another vote for centara grand, just came back with our 3 yo. Don't recommend there kids club though. We did hire a nanny though and I'd be happy to give you her details, she was awesome our daughter loved her

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 adults and 2 children accommodation on/near main Chaweng

You could also check out Amari Pslm Reef at the northern end of Chaweng. The beach isn't as nice as in front of Centara but it is a large family hotel that has Thai Village Family rooms that would be around your budget. They have a section right on the beach and the rest is just over the road.

I'm not sure about a kids club but you could check with them.

There aren't a log of hotels on Samui that have the sorts of kids clubs they have elsewhere.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 adults and 2 children accommodation on/near main Chaweng

Hi

Look up chaweng regent hotel very central clean and very central and on the quite side of beach ,meaning no waves just a gentle wash of water due to rock's futher out causing zero waves ,great spot

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 adults and 2 children accommodation on/near main Chaweng

Thankyou for your response. I haven't been able to get to the computer for a while - hence my late response. I have managed to look at a few hotels tonight and think Centara is the one I will be heading towards.

I just recall 10 years ago that there were so many hotels along that stretch of ground....and I had it in my head that there would be heaps to choose from.

thanks for your info re nanny service too. will keep that info in mind.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 adults and 2 children accommodation on/near main Chaweng

Hi, thanks for that information. Especially re kids club. I was hoping to rely on that a bit.

Appreciate if you still have the nanny's information that you can pass on to me? I am a bit nervous in asking people I don't know (who aren't part of the hotel) to look after kids, but happy to go on advice.

8. Re: 2 adults and 2 children accommodation on/near main Chaweng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:15