We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

England
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

Hi, we will be travelling with our 16 yr old son and so WIFI is essential!

Does the Centara Grand Beach Resort have decent WIFI and if so is it available in the rooms, is it free, if not what would be the approximate cost.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,408 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

Hi

Yes it does have wifi. It is free in public areas, and in club rooms. It is payable in the rest of the hotel.

I can't remember how much it was for wifi, but we found the benefits of the club, including the wifi, paid for themselves.

England
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

Hi, thanks for your reply. What would be the extra cost of the club benefits?

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

We are at the Centara now and have had free Wifi all along which I think is a new thing. We did not join The Club as was too expensive. Good reception in all areas.

England
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

Thanks for your reply, hope you are having a great time.

Is the WIFI in the rooms aswell?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,408 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

The Club is normally about £20-30 a night depending on the exchange rate. We think it is worth it given what you get.

There was free wifi in the public areas, so the wifi must be pretty new if it is in the rooms [other than the club room].

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
454 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

I found out through the manager that if you signed up for the Centara 1 card (I think that is what it is called) - basically a loyalty card, then free internet comes with the privileges. Have a look - it might be just what you want…and it is free. I agree with TravellingMitch - the Club was great & the staff are AMAZING! I am still tossing up whether I want to pay that much for it though - when we return in September. Our exchange rate makes it around $77 per day. I may pay for some of the days we are there if we are in the resort all day…..if they let me cherry pick the days.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

Had good reception for WIFI in all rooms and yes - it was the Centara 1 card which is just a loyalty card with the bonus of free Wifi during your stay. With 4 of us the Club was just too expensive and there is Happy Hour at various places in the resort from 3pm - 8pm so cocktails did not need to be free for us. Breakfast is so big so we found there was no need for the free lunch that the Club would have offered us.

England
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

Hi thanks for the info on the centara 1 card. I looked it up to sign up but it requires your passport number as part of the sign up. Not sure whether this would be safe to be putting this on the web application form? What do you think?

Lossiemouth Scotland
Level Contributor
57 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

It is very safe to do that I done it that way and have had no problem at all

Dondarr

10. Re: Centara Grand Beach Resort - WIFI availability?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2016, 05:16