We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banana fan see help

dublin
Level Contributor
191 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Banana fan see help

Hi all

We will be staying at banana fan in july for 10 nights coming from Ireland, can anyone give me information on this place the rooms in some photos don't look that nice and after i did book i just noticed my room did not have a balcony or terrace it is nearer reception area and it is only a superior room as it was last one left, should i change to a different hotel or just stay here? i want to be a bit central don't mind walking a bit into town if hotel is better. It is costing us 1,250 euro just for the banana fan and 2.000 euro for flights so we don't want to be disappointed after traveling 13 hours on a flight. We are two guys in our 40s and we were in samui 10 years ago how has it changed? any help will be welcomed. Last time we stayed at Natien 10 mins walk north from muang Samui.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,562 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banana fan see help

click on this link --> www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HotelHighlight… for recent reviews and photos from those that have stayed there. Also --> bananafansea.com/banana-fansea-resort-galler…

Is a balcony or terrace important to you.

there will be a lot of changes in the last 10 years. There is a mall now, tescos, Big C . . .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banana fan see help

In my opinion the banana fan is in need of updating their rooms.

Stayed there 2 years ago and was disappointed in room quality, they were outdated compared to other hotels in the same price range. We were initially upgraded for the first half of our stay to an executive suite which was great but the superior / deluxe rooms were a disappointment for the money paid.

From memory all rooms had a small terrace/ balcony with a table & chairs on them.

Nearer reception means you're closer to the road as well.

I like the hotel, they have great, friendly staff and their location is perfect but the rooms need improving.

If you are worried I'd look at somewhere like the new Ozo Hotel, just a few hotels up the beach.

Brand new hotel so room quality will be far superior but most likely staff will still be finding their feet so to speak.

Batemans Bay...
Level Contributor
150 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banana fan see help

We stayed at Banana Fansea two years ago in a deluxe room and we could see the superior room entries from where we were . The previous poster is correct in that the rooms are quite dated. The beach there however is great and we would stay there again for the location alone - not too far to walk to main centre, but quiet enough to not be noisy. However there is no way that I would stay in a superior room. They are very close to reception and looked really dreary. I think you would be disappointed, particularly after travelling so far.

dublin
Level Contributor
191 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banana fan see help

Ok thanks for the advice, looks like i will be changing hotels. I dont mind havin to walk 15or20 mins into town at night.

Sweden
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banana fan see help

If you want a nice terrace or balcony Ozo Is not a good choice. The balconys are so small that you do not even have room to put out a chair there.

dublin
Level Contributor
191 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banana fan see help

Just looking at the Ozo it looks very clinical with all the white. I like traditional style. I dont mind a bit of a walk.

sunderland
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Banana fan see help

ihave a look at poppies resort thats more traditional thai rooms look nice just booked it up myself for july

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banana fan see help

BBD, it may be worth your while checking again for cancellations or checking other websites that may have deluxe rooms not available to the website you booked through.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banana fan see help

You will be hard pressed to find a better Resort to stay at Chaweng than Banana Fan Sea Resort. We stayed there last year in a Deluxe room and couldn't fault it. Yes, it may not be 5 star but after one day there you won't care. You don't spend any time in your room anyway. I would highly recommend it and can't wait to return.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 10:55
Magor, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Banana fan see help

We are going to Koh Samui on the 24th May and staying at Amari Palm. I was undecided between the Banana fan and Amari Palm take a look at the reviews. Also i liked the Thai look of the hotel and your also quite close to everthing going on but not in thick of it.