We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

2 posts
Save Topic
Shopping

Is there anything like MBK for shopping in Samui?

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

no.......

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,381 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Hi,

Bangkok is the place for shopping.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

How about night markets -- where is good to find hand bags & jewellery & kids clothes on Samui?

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping

Hello Ally

Koh Samui is vary small island you won't find any malls equivalent of MBK. They have BigC, tesco lotus and the new central festival ( which I have not been yet). But from experience with others central festival that spring up in most city of Thailand none are the same as MBK. You will find some similar products/shops in MBK and central festival but in small numbers.

There are markets dots all over the island.

You can head to fisherman village ( they have Friday night walking street), big Buddha compound. On chaweng beach road there area shops lines both side of street, but I found over all Nathon things are a lot cheaper than any where else on the island. I think its depends on what yo time looking for quality, brands names etc

If you're in BKK or stopping over I would definitely do shopping in BKK.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,917 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping

I so agree. If you are in Bangkok and see something you like in MBK buy it. You are very unlikely to find more choice or cheaper in Samui.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,915 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping

There is nothing like MBK in Samui.

7. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16