We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kildare
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi,

Myself and My partner are travelling to Chaweng for 10 nights on the 7th of September, I would appreciate it if someone could let me know what the weather is like please or what is expected the next couple of week as I have checked different websites and they have given me mixed info, mentioning a lot of cloudy wet days but still the temperature will be in its 30's.

Thanks in advance!!

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

The temperature will always be in the late 20's early 30's range and the forecast will usually show thunderstorms. This is because it is a tropical country and there is always a chance of rain. Usually at this time of year you may get a short heavy shower at some stage during the day ( usually at night or early evening) which cools things down. The swimming pools can get very warm and the streets dry and dusty so the rain is very welcome.

September is my favourite time of year to travel to Samui and unless you are very unlucky you will have great holiday weather. Just beware that cloudy days can be very dangerous for burning so make sure you put on the sunblock!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,370 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

The Thai Meteorlogical website currently shows around 30% chance of rain for the next week, which is pretty low. You are likely to get rain at some point, but you are talking about a date some weeks away, anything can happen between now and then.

Kildare
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Thanks for your reply i really appreciate it! Very helpful :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

We're considering take one-week vacation at Samui as well and we're looking at late September as that's our only available time. Do we expect weather like early September or we might expect much heavier rain? I don't mind showers in the evening or at night, as long as it's not pouring all day long. However, if the weather is questionable, we might consider go to Japan instead....Thank you!

Edited: 30 August 2014, 18:43
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

For #4 - have been twice in late September as well as early October and never had rain. What happens in previous years can be an indication of what to expect but it's near impossible to definitively predict September westher for a tropical climate like Samui. You may get nothing but sunshine but you could also luck out and get a storm front with rain. I'm sure the same could happen in Japan.

Personally I'd go again, a bit of rain never spoils the fun of Samui.

Telford, England...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

Were landing on the 5th for a week, and the forecast is looking pretty grim! But from what I've read it seems like a bit of rain isn't too bad, especially with it still being so warm!

Either way, I'll be having fun trying to adjust from 15 degrees in England to the early 30's in Samui!

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Liam, as I posted above don't look at the forecasts and worry about the thunderstorm or rain symbols! If you look at some websites for every day of the year it would be the same!

Tropical country means there is always a chance of thunderstorm/rain and yes this may be likely every day however this may only be for 30 minutes or so.

If it is cloudy don't make the mistake of thinking that you can't tan or burn. I've seen lots of people not worry about sunscreen on these days and have then spent a few days of precious holiday time inside with painful sunburn.

Whatever the weather you will have a great time.

8. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:15