We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights

Which Chaweng hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights

Looking for a good hotel at Chaweng beach. Confused between Malibu and Pappilon resort. I will be visiting Koh Samui in the month of Aug'14 for 3 days.

Suggestions on quality yet economical hotels will be helpful

8 replies to this topic
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,930 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights

What is an economical hotel? What is your budget?

What is your expectation of quality or good?

Have you read the reviews on TA?

--> tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g676072-d6168…

--> tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g2539242-d505…

Without knowing your actual budget, likes and dislikes, your expectations for the holiday, your style, your requirements / must haves or must avoids, how far do you want to travel and how you want to travel, what have you shortlisted, what appeals and what have you thought ‘no way’ etc etc etc it is difficult to suggest.

What are your requirement for the hotel location?

Travel lightly with regards when seeking help, travel with a smile to help it on the way. Travel with a please, and travel with a thank you always. Folks will always be more willing to help you! Thank you so much for asking your question.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights

Hi

Sorry for not being clear in my requirement.

Had done the basic research work and pinned down on Malibu & Pappilon. Not able to decide on the best one.

My requirements

1. Hotel/Resort on Chaweng beach

2. Had stayed in Chaweng garden beach resort. Although the room was not very great. But their hospitality,location , facilities were excellent. Looking for similar experience on the beach hotel.

3. Pricing expected- Rs 2000 to Rs3500 Incl Beakfast

Hope now you can guide me.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights

Hi

Malibu located on chaweng towards south of chaweng, the beach here are better here than in front of papillon ( north of chaweng beach).

Best to included your budget in Thai bath as this is Thai forum. Many members myself included have no ideas how much Indian rupiah exchange in to Thai baht.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,930 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights

I think Rs means INR, so than the OPs budget is around GB£20-35, AU$35-60 or 1,000-2,000thb. So not the greatest budget at this time of year.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights

Thanks for the feedback.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights

I was looking at the reviews for the Malibu, they all seem to be too similar, and a lot of them are one time only reviews. The ratings on Booking.com for this resort are not very good either. It appears that the rooms have been renovated this year. Has anyone been there recently?

Ko Samui, Thailand
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights

Malibu Beach Resort has the best location compare to another, located just right in front of the new shopping complex (central festival samui), the beach is nicer, recommended to take the deluxe C, new room and clean, the superior room is a little bit older, but with low budge traveler, i would highly recommend, prices can be negotiated depending on the length of your stay. Upon arriving, the guests will get free drink coupon which is you can take any drinks up to your choice. This is not 5 stars hotel but it worth for staying! Staffs are super friendly and helpful, never forget malibu.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights

If you tell me your budget, your likes and requirements, I will give you some hotel suggestions. By the way, I have not heard anything bad about Malibu.

Reply to: Is Malibu resort a good choice to stay for 3 nights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chaweng