We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue cruise from Fethiye--reputable companies

NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Blue cruise from Fethiye--reputable companies

I want to take a blue cruise from Fethiye to Olympos. Any specific advice about which companies to use or to avoid? I saw good and bad info about V-Go here. Anyone been? Anyone used Alaturka or Olympos yachting?

I need this info ASAP, so THANKS for any help!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue cruise from Fethiye--reputable companies

Hi anythingtotravel, NY..

Just to add my 2 cents worth...I would highly recommend V-Go and Alaturka over Olympos yachting when it comes to customer service...

I have never been on this 3 day cruise but I have had both experience with my guests comments and also in dealing with each company on an individual basis..

I just had to clean-up a situation for a guest very recently between Olympos yachting...that had promised months ago a departure date ( confirmed by email and in writing ) and then the day before the guests we told NO there were no dates...

anyways to make a long story short..they ended up cancelling with Olympos yachting ( after waiting hours for a refund ) and taking the departure from V-go.

I cannot comment on the types of cruises that they are...but so be aware that over the summer months there are more student travellers on these cruises therefore maybe a bit more of a party boat..but you wll never know which type of travellers you will get until the boat departs....it can be a very nice mix of people...

As for my experience dealing with each company I found both V-Go ( Katia ) and Alaturka ( Ned ) far more professional....

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue cruise from Fethiye--reputable companies

PS...There are always many mix-ups between the village of Cirali and the village ( valley ) of Olympos. Here's a bit of clarification on the subject.

Cirali / Olympos is located approx. 80km southwest from Antalya. It is quiet and peaceful village perfect for families, nature lovers and for those wishing to get away from the mass touristic cities or towns.

First the beach of Olympos ( located in the village of Cirali ) is shared by both villages. There are two entrances to these villages located on the main highway between Antalya - Fethiye.

One entrance (Cirali) will bring you down into the village of after 7kms. Here you can reach the beach by car, mini-bus or by foot. Once on the beach ( 4kms long -secluded - clean ) you can walk into the entrance of the ancient city of Olympos visiting the ruins located on either side of the creek.

The second entrance on the main highway from Antalya is the entrance to the village of Olympos ( 12 kms from the main highway ), Cavus Koy, and Adrasan. Here in this village are more accomodations with treehouses, bugalows, pansiyons and small hotels as well.

Olympos is very famous for the '' treehouses'' and offers a bit of a different lifestyle that Cirali It tends to cater to more younger crowd or students including backpackers and budget accomodations. In Olympos there are more bars and discos where as Cirali caters to a quieter crowd with only a few local bars playing live turkish music.

To reach the beach from Olympos village one must walk through the ancient city of Olympos. Depending on where one is staying the walk to the beach can be a few minutes up to longer ranging from 800m - 3 or 4 kms. Staying in Olympos village to visit the flames at night there are group tours with mini-buses that travel back up to the main highway road ( 12km ) and then after 1 km down into the other entrance (Cirali - another 11kms down ). You can walk if you wish through Olympos and then along the beach for 4kms or more to visit the flames. Don't forget to bring your flashlight as the ancient city has no lights at night.

have you seen my photos of Cirali / Olympos ?..here is the link;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom

plus I added new recent photos of the beach at Cirali the other day....

Tips for Cirali.....

1 do be advised that there are no bank machines ATM's or banks, in Cirali ..

2. bring a FLASHLIGHT for visiting the chimaera..a possible trip to visit the flames on the mountain side of the Chimaera..( yanartas )

NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue cruise from Fethiye--reputable companies

Thanks soo much. That was just what I wanted to know. I have so far gotten good information from Ned and from V-Go.

Can I ask you something else--I will be in Alacati and want to go from there to Ephesus in the morning, see the ruins for a few hours and then drive down to Dalyan all in one day (27 July)--I know it is rushed. I think I can figure out how to get from Alacati to Ephesus, but don't know what I will do with my bag once I am there and touring around. I also don't know how to get from there to Dalyan. I thought about hiring a car and driver (I don't want to rent a car by myself), but they are $400 or 450 euros!! Do you know any less expensive options? Do you know how I can find out the times of the buses to Dalyan? Can I book in advance?

Thanks so much.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue cruise from Fethiye--reputable companies

anythingtotravel....sorry it is a bit hard for me to answer those questions as I live too far away nearer to Antalya....

Try having a good look through the pages of the Turkey Travel Planner as you might get your question answered there...

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…distances.html

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…index.html

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…trans.html

at any bus station in turkey you can usually just show up and get the next bus to any destination...you dont really need to book in advance and it is almost impossible to book in advance outside of Turkey...however once you are in Turkey..you can work out all the details..

Thanks so much.

NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue cruise from Fethiye--reputable companies

Thanks Canmon. I have a question about Olympos and Cirali--which is closer to the beach? I keep getting confused about that.

Thanks.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue cruise from Fethiye--reputable companies

The beach is closer in Cirali....with most pensions or hotels within 50- 100 -750m from the beach....to access the beach from the village of Olympos you must first walk through the ruins of the ancient city and then you are at the south end of the beach ( Olympos Bay )

as seen here;

flickr.com/photos/…

here is a shot of the umbrellas and chairs along the beach at cirali..

flickr.com/photos/…

7. Re: Blue cruise from Fethiye--reputable companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Gumuldur