We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for bus from Palermo to Catania

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets for bus from Palermo to Catania

Do you need to book/buy tickets in advance for the bus from Palermo to Catania or can you turn up on the day and get a ticket?

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for bus from Palermo to Catania

There's no need to book in advance. Usually there's a ticket booth or an agency situated at the main bus stop/terminal.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,060 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for bus from Palermo to Catania

There’s no need to book in advance, but do purchase your ticket prior to boarding the bus, and validate the ticket upon boarding the bus.

Biglietterie:

Palermo: Agenzia SAIS AUTOLINEE - Piazza Cairoli, (Piazzale Stazione FS) Tel. 091/6166028

Vagabonda

London
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for bus from Palermo to Catania

Thank you for your replies.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,060 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for bus from Palermo to Catania

Prego LondonKiwi,

Buon viaggio!

Vagabonda

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for bus from Palermo to Catania

Ciao Vagabonda,

I'm not sure that my last post uploaded properly, so am posting again. Apologies if you have already read this once.

Me and my friend have a return flight to Palermo, and after 4 days will be taking the bus down to Catania for the last 6 days of our holiday. We will need to get back up to Palermo to catch our return flight home, so need to get a return SAIS bus ticket from Palermo to Catania. How many days do the tickets last for and do we need to book this kind of ticket in advance? I also have a list of other questions you may be able to help me with:

1. If we go to the Benedictine Abbey (San Martino) in Monreale on Wed 26th December, will it be open to the public?

2. How easy is it to get to Castellaccio (Mt Caputo) from the Abbey, and can first time trekkers like me do it?

3. How easy is it to visit the Wine Country and Erice at this time of year by bus, from Palermo Centrale? And would we be able to visit these areas on a public holiday?

4. When we get down to Catania, would it be possible to visit Alcantara Gorges at this time of year? And how would we get there from Catania?

5. Does transport run on Public Holidays? Buses or trains.

6. Finally, when we visit Mt Etna, do you think it would be better to build our own day trip, or go with an excursion? We are interested in the South Esplanade excursion.

Thank you in advance, I know I've asked a lot of specific questions, but it's better to know these details before you travel instead charging round like a lunatic when we arrive!

Kathy.

6. Re: Tickets for bus from Palermo to Catania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 08:17