We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

I would like to know some specifics about which grocery store to go to their days/hours of operation and if some specific food is available. We are traveling through there to go to Great Guana Cay rental on 12/26 and I have some picky eaters with me! Also since this is boxing day will any business' be closed.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

There is a relatively new grocery store in MH called Maxwells that is supposed to be very nice- I have not seen it yet but have gotten information for a May trip. I think you could get anything you need there- it seems to be like a Publixx. If you post your question on one of the Abaco forums you will get good information:

www.abacoforum.com

coconuttelegraph.net

I needed to know whether or not they are open on Sundays and got a quick reply.

cleveland oh
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

We were in Marsh Harbour last week. Maxwells is the place to shop. They have fresh meats and produce, albeit limited selections. We were told that the supply boat comes in Tuesday evening, so the food is freshest on Wednesday. By the end of the 7 day period, they have run out of many fresh items. Maxwells is difficult to find so ask around. Note that they do not carry alcoholic beverages of any kind.

Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

My family is also traveling to Guana on the 26th. We are arriving on the 25th and wanted to find out, are you arriving on that same date(25th) and if so, have you found any place to stay and where? We are trying to figure out a nice place to stay that isn't too expensive.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
59 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

Are you saying that Maxwell's is open 7 days a week? If so, could someone please tell me what the hours are? We are planning on stocking up on groceries on Sunday if possible, due to our flight schedule.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

I may have answered you on the abacoforum but I was told Maxwell's is open until 4 p.m. on Sundays- we are also arriving on a Sunday in early May (in MHH then going to TC to get the ferry to GTC) so I wanted to get some things while in MH. I hope that is correct and that it helps!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
59 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

I know that the Cost Right? store is open on Sundays until 4, was hoping that Maxwell's is as well. When we were there last year, Maxwell's was still under construction.

Thanks for your response!

Marathon, Fl
Destination Expert
for Marathon
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

http://abacoforum.com/ Check this forum for information on Marsh. Great folks post there that love the Abaco's.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
59 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

I have already posted there, thanks. Still no definitive answer on Maxwell's Sunday hours.

We actually emailed the manager of Cost Right and found that they are open 8am til 4pm on Sundays. I can't find any website or email address for Maxwells. Can someone verify that Maxwell's is also open until 4pm on Sundays?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

Yes, they are open until 4:00 p.m. on Sundays.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
59 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery Stores in Marsh Harbor

Thank you SO much! That is a great help. We get in to Treasure Cay late on Saturday and were hoping to grocery shop in Marsh Harbour on Sunday. Now we have a plan and can concentrate on water and liquor when we get there, since those close earlier in TC.

Get answers to your questions about Marsh Harbour
Recent Conversations
More Marsh Harbour Topics