We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marsh Harbour vs Cays?

Which Marsh Harbour hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Marsh Harbour vs Cays?

Hi. My wife and I and our soon-to-be-born child are going to stay at Parrot Cay off Hopetown for a week in May (he'll be 4 months old when we go).

The stays at Parrot Cay run Monday to Monday, so I figure we'll head on down that Saturday to spend 2 nights in Marsh Harbour or one of the nearby Cays.

Since we'll be kind of isolated staying on Parrot Cay, for the 2 nights before we get there I'd like to stay somewhere we can get a feel for the culture and local cuisine. Would like to have that within easy walking distance as well as being on or very close to the beach. An on-site pool would be great too.

Abaco Beach Resort seems kind of expensive to me, with tax the cheapest room is about $370/night.

Great Guana Cay looks intriguing, maybe staying at Grabbers?

Hope Town Inn & Marina looks intriguing also.

Man-O-War seems more isolated than what I'm looking for (but I could be wrong).

So - do you think staying somewhere in Marsh Harbour would be a good idea - or heading to one of the Cays? And if so, where would you recommend staying with a 4-month-old?

Thank you very much for your insight, I appreciate it!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marsh Harbour vs Cays?

I answered your other post but neglected to say that personally, I have always found MH to be a "jumping off spot" for us and many other travelers rather than a destination. There is not really much of a beach at the Abaco Beach Resort- great marina location though. It is not hard to walk from there to Curly Tails or Mangoes but I would not spend the money to stay there considering what you are looking for. I have stayed there a couple of times but mainly to make an early flight- the rooms are nice.

I prefer the more pedestrian/golf cart/bicycle feel of the cays rather than MH.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marsh Harbour vs Cays?

Thanks again!

College Station...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marsh Harbour vs Cays?

Head for one of the Cays. My favorite is Green Turtle Cay, but the other cays are also very nice.

You are welcome to check my island blog for photos of what to expect:

http://gtctravels.blogspot.com/

4. Re: Marsh Harbour vs Cays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2014, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Marsh Harbour
Recent Conversations
More Marsh Harbour Topics