We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito

lancashire
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquito

Hi ,i'm arriving in Kassiopi on the 8th sept.

Could anyone tell me if i need a mossquito repellant?

A friend at work told me its rife with mozzies in Corfu ,but he could be pulling my leg.

Many thanks

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquito

Yes they will be around, same as any other Greek island. Use spray with 50% Deet, plug ins and keep your windows and door shut at dusk.

Kassiopi, Greece
Level Contributor
422 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquito

Yeap mosquitoes can be a nuissance some times (a lot of green on this island)..take all the above meausres..although in September the weather its cooling off a bit so less mosquitoes around...

cheltenham
Level Contributor
282 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquito

I recommend tea-tree oil. Got bitten to buggery last yr, even with deet, but a friend recommended applying tea tree oil to pulse points all over my body, which I did this yr, and I got 3 bites in 10 days. Can't be luck as were in same resort in exactly time of yr.

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquito

>>> a friend recommended applying tea tree oil to pulse points all over my body, <<<<<<<<<<<<

Which is exactly what there is in Vosene anti nit shampoo and conditioner. It protects your neck and head. These areas are usually missed.

...........I found out by accident when using leftovers for a holiday after using it to protect myself from the G-kids 'unwelcome visitors' here at home. :O) :O)

5. Re: Mosquito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Kassiopi
Recent Conversations