We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

Which Kassiopi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rhondda Cynon Taff...
Level Contributor
231 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

I want to go to Kassiopi - never been before but have always wanted to . My husband wants to go back to Elounda - but been there, done that and loved it . We were looking at Sissi in Crete but the lack of public transport put us off. Has anyone been to both ? Thanks in advance Jules

northumbria
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

Yes xxx sissi is lovely but you do need a car and the beach isn't so good ( saying that we have had lovely holidays in Crete) , if I had to choose, it would be kassiopi. You still have the harbour side tavernas. The beach is far better and you can rely on the public transport x

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

never been to crete but surly the number of repeat visitors to kassiopi says something about the place this will be my 30th year going to kassiopi but most have bee many more times

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

I haven't been to Crete but have been going to Kassiopi for the last nearly 30 years and its a lovely place! (My family has had properties there since the 60's) If your into clubs etc it won't be your scene, but as a nice town with things to do it is right up there, with amazing food and great people. Fairly localy you also have alot of local attractions, old Perithia (spelling!) and places like that.

Boat hire is reasonable from Phillipos and is a great for getting up and down the coast and to the little beaches you can only reach by boat.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,159 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

Hi there

Both Elounda and Kassiopi get lots of repeat holiday makers and have their dedicated fans...but then so do many places, across Greece...you only have to look on the Lindos and Parga forums :-)

OK I think that Elounda is prettier generally than Kassiopi, as there is quite a bit of Kassiopi with no sea view e.g. as you walk down the harbour area, Elounda is slightly larger with more of choice of tavernas and bars too, Elounda has a sandy beach, whereas Kassiopi resort beach is stony, and Kassiopi feel more like a resort than Elounda does.

But I really like Kassiopi too, and we had a lovely holiday there last year, which was our first visit to Kassiopi................so as you have already been to Elounda and Crete, why not try Kassiopi instead this year - I am sure you will enjoy the resort.

I would recommend that you hire a car as well and travel around this area of Corfu too, which is very different to the area around Elounda, both beautiful in different ways, and don't forget how tiny Corfu is in comparison to Crete so you can get to see far more of the island :-)

Wishaw, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

Hi there,

We have been to both a few times now and probably prefer Kassiopi as it does not take quite as long to get to as Elounda, that said however they are both beautiful and have their own merits. There is plenty to do and as already mentioned, you can rent a boat from Philipos for reasonable amount of money and travel up & down the coast, this is the nicest way to see many of the sights and the spectacular scenery of the north east of Corfu, from a different perspective. It's also really nice to be able to sail up to the little jettys of the seaside Tavernas and have a lovely lunch , if you decide to do this you must sail to/visit Kouloura, kalami, agios San steffanos, Kerrasia, avlaki all of which are to the south of Kassiopi and have fantastic Tavernas, it's a must.

I'm sure if you choose to go here you will love it as we do. Try to stay in one of the blocks of apartments round the harbour with views over it, we usuall stay at Dimas apartments & ask for sea view. These are great & Christos is a marvellous host, the pool has spectacular views over the harbour and coast line.

Cheers, hope this helps

Rhondda Cynon Taff...
Level Contributor
231 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

Thank you for all your advice , I am leaning towards Kassiopi, really fancied the Dimas apartments but fully booked for our dates - so I will keep on looking . Thanks again Jules

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

have a look at the Nikiforos ... Right by e harbour with amazing views from upper floors.

cheltenham
Level Contributor
271 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

We're in our 30's and love Kassiopi- so friendly and safe. We've stayed in Philippos for last 4 years, and love it- may be worth considering. No see views, but immaculately clean, and Spiros and Jenny are lovely and friendly. The whole of Kassiopi feels so safe, the people are so friendly and kind.

9. Re: Help !! Kassiopi or Elounda , Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kassiopi
Recent Conversations