We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are heading to Sidari in a couple of weeks. I'm a bit concerned that since booking the holiday I've read a few posts on here from people saying it's a very British resort, with fish and chip shops everywhere and Eastenders on TV in every bar.

We really don't want that kind of holiday if possible so I'm keen to know if there are any more authentic greek bars / tavernas / restaurants. We are staying at Tondoris apartments, not 100% sure where that is in relation to the town but any recommendations would be fab. We don't mind walking to find a great place!

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

Tondoris are in a good location in the canal d amour area of the resort so away from the main sidari strip. Orchard Taverna is about a 10 minute stroll taking a left from the apartments and they offer lovely greek fayre in lovely peaceful surroundings, away from the hustle and bustle of the resort.

If you are hiring a car and fancy eating out further afield then I am sure you will find plenty of little greek authentic tavernas offering local food at good prices.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

Symposio Restaurant is one I would recommend you go over canal bridge towards main high street and it is opposite Three Little Pigs.

Not every bar shows Eastenders etc. There are plenty of tavernas going towards Peroulades. I am sure you will find your niche.

Mentioned in this post
Peroulades
Peroulades
Corfu, Greece
Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

salt and pepper. bavious taverna , blue iona , and the orchard taverna , not forgetting the el greco on the beach

you will have a great time///

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

Thanks for the suggestions. Am really looking forward to the holiday!

telford
Level Contributor
153 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

i too would recommend simposio it is lovely food and great value for money,we ate here twice this year and were only there for 7 nights and we were staying right up the other end of sidari so it was a long walk as all the taxis were on strike!! in previous years we have eaten here 8 nights out of 14 and although it had actually been 8 years since our last visit the food was still as good as we had remembered it to be.try the lamb kleftico it is beautiful.have a great holiday.

Kent
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

Don't worry, there are plenty of very Greek restaurants if you look. The best one by far is Alexis. It is on the road to Peroulades. It has a talking parrot so you will know for sure if you have found the right place. Fantastic food, great company and a free carafe of wine with every meal. Hope you have a great time.

Edited: 30 August 2011, 21:25
Mentioned in this post
Peroulades
Peroulades
Corfu, Greece
London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

Hi also staying in sidari at takis (christakis) apartments. Any recomendations on good bars and good authentic restaurants near by?

Edited: 30 August 2011, 23:54
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

Would recommend Bavias (was the best food we had in a week) El Greco and Aquarius (Kanali Aparthotel) overlooking the Canal d'Amour. Salt n Pepper and Mediterraneo were dire.

Mentioned in this post
El Greco
El Greco
244 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Aquarius
Aquarius
514 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
dublin , ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

Hi I would recommend Pizza Romana fantastic Greek Food, huge portions, very resonable prices, beautiful setting. Its family run and they remember you when you return again, which of course we did.

Its located on the main strip opposite the Madison Bar, down a lane between Pancho Villas and Palazzo - you must book in advance and when you have eaten there once you will understand why. It was a Greek waitress that told us about it and I'm delighted to pass on the name of this fab restaurant. When strolling along the strip just call in anytime and there will be someone to take the booking - we managed to book one afternoon for that same evening. Have a great holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Pizza Romana
Pizza Romana
278 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
10. Re: Good bars & real Greek food in Sidari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Sidari