We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sidari

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
124 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Sidari

Hi,

last couple of years we've holidayed in Tsilivi, Zakynthos and fancy a change, we really like Tsilivi with it's mix of bars and Tavernas.

Has anyone been to both resorts and perhaps offer comparisons?

Thanks

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sidari

Sorry I haven't been to Tsilivi although I have friends who have and have actually compared it as being similar to what sidari has to offer, although I believe the beaches is Tsilivi are nicer!!!! but I cannot comment on that....

Sidari has a good range of bars and restaurants to suit all tastes along with more traditional taverna style establishments on the outskirts of the resort ie peroulades, karousades etc....

Give it a try I am sure you will enjoy it xx

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
124 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sidari

Thanks for the reply Mushyjam, we've decided we will give Sidari a try for next year's holiday.

Edited: 04 November 2011, 13:25
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sidari

sidari has no real beach and does not reflect the rest of Corfu

Each to his own .

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sidari

"sidari has no real beach",It most certainly has or was i dreaming when we led upon it for many enjoyable days last june/july.

The beach that backs onto the main strip is a very decent strip of pure sand with nice views of the Albanian coastline in the distance,also if you eat at most of the tavernas that back onto the beach you have free use of the sunbeds which is fairly unusual for a greek island.

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sidari

www.youtube.com/watch…

To say [Sidari has no beach] , is like saying Blackpool has no tower

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sidari

I meant to say not a really good beach. Although many may like it we didnt.

x

also the you tube may be misleading!

Edited: 05 November 2011, 20:54
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
300 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sidari

We use to holiday in tsilivi, these days we holiday in roda (up the road from sidari) and visit sidari whilst there.

Both are very similar in the way they have lots of choice for all ages. However personally prefer sidari as its flatter.when we were last in tsilivi (2008) it appeared crime was on the up (we met a woman in the appollon restraunant whom the owner costa had been helping to report having her bag snatched to the police; we also when walking down by the ten pin bowling area in daylight felt very uneasy having come across what we thought was a drug deal going on); in corfu we feel much safer, you often see the police patrolling around roda/acharavi/sidari which helps with this.

Beach wise the beaches are different, but they are just as good for swimming and sunbathing as tsilivi beach.

Also in tsilivi we never experienced many traditional greek nights (this may of changed over the years) corfu there are lots of them (if you are lucky you will even get to do abit of plate smashing!)

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sidari

I'm sure you will have a fantastic timeLatchie, as I am sure you will fall in love with Corfu in general.....

It's a beautiful island, so do take some time to go and explore off the beaten track to find little hidden beaches and quiet local tavernas for a real greek experience.

Enjoy xx

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sidari

Hi

What a funny old world. Only on this forum because i holiday'd in Sidari last Sept and loved it so much i wanted more of the same but a different island (not that i dint love Corfu cos i did). Looked around at all the resorts and came to the conclusion that Tsilivi was the one for us but having probs finding the right kind of accommodation there so came back looking here. I think you will be right at home here. We stayed at the Kanali apts. If you are staying more central this area is still def worth a visit. You will find all you need and want in Sidari,whether touristy or tradional. For a change at night a trip up to sunset beach is a must. A real chill out place. Avoid any boat trips to paradise beach though. Its a wasp nightmare.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sidari

Those of us who live in Corfu, rarely notice wasps. The are small gentle things compared with the ones in the UK. They are mainly around in the fruit season, as they are in Kent, and they are pre-programmed to worry only those who are paranoid about them. Please be careful when you make sweeping statements that can influence thousands of would-be visitors.

Steve

Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations