We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busy or Quiet?

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Busy or Quiet?

Hi all,

We're now heading towards late June and entering the height of the summer season. With this in mind, I just wondered if there was any indication whether this year was going to be a quiet one, busy one or about average in Sidari.

I'm off to Sidari in 2 weeks (3rd time! can't wait!) - and I just wondered if I was going to be confronted by quiet bars every night.

Cheers all

Andy

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busy or Quiet?

Hi Andy - I came back on June 1st this year and it was starting to 'crank up' in Sidari, yes it had been a bit quieter, but we were there in the last week in May...... but I'm sure that Moonpig will know the current situation if she sees your thread. Happy holidays... I wish I was still there !!! (p.s. height of the season is really late July and August...) Fi

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Busy or Quiet?

Thanks Fi, fair point about the height of the season, I guess it is still quite early in the season. Fingers crossed Moonpig sees this :)

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busy or Quiet?

Spoke to a friend who said it has been quite busy (mind you it's the euro too!!) tends to pick up when the football is on!!!!

at the moment though still business as usual in sidari and holidaymakers are still making their annual pilgrimage to the resort.

I should expect it will pick up even more in the next few weeks especially as the colleges will be closing for the summer too and the youngsters will be wanting a break away from their exams etc.

We are returning on the 7th July for two weeks and my son is heading over on 29 June for 10 nights.

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Busy or Quiet?

Quieter . but picking up weekly now

people buying selectively . but taverna prices good

exchange rate ie 1.23 today beer 1.85 on strip this week

Not many about in the late evenings ,,,,,,,,, they are all in watching bl......y football in the tavernas

you will be fine , the Itallians will be here soon, along with our family , they arrive Friday

32 all week in sidari forcaste out again with the hosepipe

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Busy or Quiet?

Thanks all, it sounds like it's heading in the right direction and getting busier week by week. I'm out there on the 6th July, so if anyone else is out at that time, see you there!!! :)

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
28 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Busy or Quiet?

Me and my best friend have just booked a late deal flying out on the 6th July today. We really cannot wait and hoping the resort gets busier too, as we don't want a 18-30 style resort but want to have a few late nights.

It's about 10 years since I was last in Sidari, and I vaguely remember there been about 10ish bars that opened late around "Memories" (i'm sure that's where I stayed), reading the forum it looks like the strip has expanded lots, is it my memory playing tricks or does anybody know if there are more bars & clubs than 2002?

Thanks in advance, so excited.

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Busy or Quiet?

I don't think there are many more bars and clubs than 2002, we have been visiting since 2000 and there have been some changes but none too drastic!!!

Falcon bar which is below panchos villa is now sugar bar, Mikeys Inn is now cargo bar, caesars is no more I'm afraid, there is one nightclub which is Ice bar open all night. Calypso, Shakers, SOS bar are still there and BED bar is still thriving too.

Hope you have a great time x I am sure you will

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Busy or Quiet?

Big fan of BED bar - which was on really good form last year.

There was also a bar/club on the opposite side to BED (and a bit further down the road), that was open late on Friday and Sat nights - at least I remember stumbling out it at 6am twice last year (I'm not planning on doing that again this year!!). Can anyone remember the name?

Troublenic - me and a mate are out at the same time (on a table by the entrance to BED bar no doubt). I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
28 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Busy or Quiet?

Thank you all, only 2 weeks and 2 days, cannot wait.

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Busy or Quiet?

Hi Andy you must be referring to sugar bar!!!! this used to be the old falcon bar and yes it is open until the very early hours!!! The frontage is glass going all across and there is a central bar and a large bar on the right as you walk in.

We were there back in October for a crazy long weekend and were still in sugar until 5.30am!!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Sidari