We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May weather and Mosquitos

Birmingham
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
May weather and Mosquitos

Looking to book the week before Whitsun, 20th May for a bit of sunshine. What are the day/night time temperatures for that time of year and have the mosquitos started biting ?

Bolton
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May weather and Mosquitos

Lovely during the day temps range from mid to high 20's cooler in the evening so a light jacket/cardi is fine.

Mozzies will be out although they never seem that bad in May but take precautions as necessary... keep windows/doors closed in the evening, use plug ins and douse yourself in whatever works for you.

Hope this helps. May is a wonderful time to visit the island, not too crowded and you may also get to see the fireflies - an amazing sight in itself

Michelle x

Birmingham
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: May weather and Mosquitos

Thank you for your reply. Will go armed with plug in, sprays and bite cream. Unfortunately I am one of those people who attracts them, my record is 74 bites in Kos !!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May weather and Mosquitos

We usually travel in May and as Mrs M says the pesky little blighters will be about...'Himself' is a magnet to them, but over the last couple of years with lotions and potions, he has only had the odd bite.

I always carry a small tube of antihistimine in my bag, the locals swear by putting vinegar on the bite immediately and then some ice

As in May you don't tend to need air conditioning, as Mrs M says, liquid plug ins are great. I buy, locally,the citronella candles to burn at dusk on the balcony too.

I also found the Boots after sun quite good as it has a lemon base to it and the 'pesky little blighters' are not fond of that...!

May is a beautiful time in Corfu with all the different flowers... you'll love it.

Fi

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: May weather and Mosquitos

tiger balm from your pound shop //// great if you get a bite

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May weather and Mosquitos

hi we alway use jungle spray a bit expensive but we find it works also jungle plugings also a after bite pen smells like cat p** but does the job

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: May weather and Mosquitos

Hi Sidarilover...and welcome to the forum!

I know what you mean regarding some of the anti mozzie stuff and their smells. I know that vinegar works...but sometimes it makes you think that you smell like a bag of chips!!!

However, my friends in Sidari made 'himself' put some on a bite which had swollen...and hey presto it was fine after 20 minutes..

So what ever works...I say !

Fi

7. Re: May weather and Mosquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Sidari