We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

Hi!

Me and my fiance are going to Sidari on 17th June for 2 weeks - CANT WAIT

We are self catering and will be eating and drinking out every day/night.

We hope to do one or two boat trips during our time there.

How much roughly would we need to take spending money - I have saw some other posts saying about 100e per couple per day.

Im thinking of changing £1400 into euros and taking my bank card over with me.

Thanks Lauren

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

allow about 28euro each for boat trips// 30 for beach barbi// 15 euro on coach to Palio not to be missed ,includes comquat distillery, and monestary. plus bella vista and the lace villagegreat day out,

beer 2 euro everywhere this week, meals here very reasonable

coke in supermarket 1 euro bottle this week. fresh hot bread 90 cents , preserves about the same as in uk , so breakfast on the balcony cheap as chips , fresh fruit abundent everywhere

basic evening meals average 7 euro . starters 3.5osweets 4euro average

drinks with your meals push up the price,so check prices on menu

ice creams i.50 last night / fish and chips from chippy chippy great, eat inside ot, on the harbour wall , and watch the sunset

exchange 1.50 to the pound yesterday less 2 %COMMISSION

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
412 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

Hiya.

Depends on what you do, where you eat and what you drink really. Everyone is different.

Based on todays exchange rate for £1400 you will get € 1600 which equates to roughly 115 a day. That would personally be enough for me and my other half -breakfast, light lunch then evening meal and a few drinks each plus a couple of boat trips but as I say really depends on where you eat and what you drink.

I'd stick with the 1400 and take your bank card just in case but remember to let your bank know you may be withdrawing abroad and dont forget most banks charge to wothdraw abroad

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

Thanks very much!

We really cant wait just to be there now. Its been 3 years since Ive last been to Sidari.

Think I will go with the £1400 and bank card. As you say thats £115 euro a day - we dont get there until late afternoon on the monday and then we leave early in the morning coming home so defo wont use £115 on they days!

Thanks moonpig re prices - I fancied Albania for a trip but my other half isnt too keen. Looks like it will be corfu town sunset cruise and theos BBQ... Oh we want to go up to sunsent beach for a meal too. My mum and dad said it was amazing!

Lx

liverpool
Level Contributor
838 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

hi lauren, im sure you'll be fine with that much money, were like sar2them, just two of us have breaky on balc (usually only go for breaky on first day cos usually starving after travelling etc ha) typically fresh bread, ham, cheese, toms, onions, salad etc, tend not to have a lunch, have a couple of drinks at pool in afternoon or go for a walk for a couple, then have evening meal with wine, then few drinks afterwards (we dont have a drink problem honest lol!!!!!) we budget for 100 euro a day/night and dont spend anywhere near it

have a great holiday

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

Yeah we will probs have a breaky then skip lunch ( replace lunch with a few drinks ) then have dinner. Will probs buy the local wine / beer to drink while getting ready and have a few on the balcony before we head out. ( we dont have a drinking problem either ) haha

Thanks

Lx

liverpool
Level Contributor
838 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

ha well it would be rude not to partake wouldnt it lol!!!

yeah thats what we do for when were getting ready or when we get in of a night (if we can still fit some more in ha), we buy the local wine (from memory i think a litre and half bottle from supermarkets cost approx 4 euro last time we were there) hubby drinks cider so even taking into account the price of cans/bottles strongbow, we still have enough left, we also buy our spirits at the airport when were going or on the plane cos they are expensive in resort and then just buy the mixers from supermarkets

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

Ano - we are on our holidays afterall!

We went to a greek restaurant not too long ago and my other half enjoyed the Mythos - so that is cheap and cheerfull so he can drink that all holiday while i'll squeeze in the odd cocktail! Talking about it is getting me far too excited!

Lx

liverpool
Level Contributor
838 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

ha me too, im like a big kid counting down the days, we go 5 weeks on friday, so thats 27 more get ups for work!!! sad arent i ha!!!

have a great time and look forward to reading your trip report when you get back :)))

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

Albania is a beautiful country, but day trip takes you to town , then you have to pay again to go inland a little /// book a holiday there another year , hotels are great I have been told,trip to Albania costs 34 euro from Sidari

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 Weeks in Sidari - How much spending money?

www.kassiopi-cosmic.com/boat-trips.html

this may help////

Get answers to your questions about Sidari