We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

Framlingham, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

Bit of a mixed bag post here with three questions :D

1) I LOVE olive oil and plan to bring as much home as weight allowance permits. Can anyone recommend a good producer in the Sidari area or on an excursion for the tastiest oil? What sort of prices can I expect to pay?

2) Should I buy a mosquito plug in before we go or buy once we get there? Liquid is £6.60 on Amazon, tablets cheaper. Is Liquid more effective?

3) I am in need of a sarong - how much can I expect to pay in Sidari for one if I can't be bothered to go into town before our holiday?

Thanks once again, I really appreciate the time you guys take to answer questions on here and hope I can be of some help to others in turn on our return :)

Birmingham
Level Contributor
296 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

Hi not sure on the olive oil, but sure Moonpig will inform you, I personally take my own plug-ins the jungle formula ones, they are expensive in sidari, I buy two of these one for each room and mozzie wipes which are only a pound and anything with deet in it, to stop the little bliters, also once in Sidari go to any supermarket on the strip and buy a can of mozzie spray its around 3 euros, and spray your room every night before you go out and shut all doors and windows, this kills them and I just spray our ankles with the deet and last 6 years haven't got bitten, well a few here and there, but nothing like our first year, learnt the hard way lol, but if you go heavy handed they wont get you lol, Not sure on sarongs, theres a few little boutiques on the strip, which are very nice, probably looking around 7-8 euros I would imagine if I can remember, but try primark had some good ones the other week in brum though. Enjoy your holiday, 9 weeks for us, cannot wait!

Sidari, Greece
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

Liquid Mosquito plugins are usually the best. They are cheaper here but you need to go supermarkets as most shops on the strip charge way over the odds!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
204 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

a good olive oil is ALTIS and xorio,i buy the first,you can find this for a good price at a big supermarket like carrefour,there is one at corfu town,i remember it.the price is with a discount around 15euros the 5 litre tank

without discount is around 17-18euros the 5 litre

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

Definitely go for the liquid plug in, I bought one from Amazon last year used it 7 nights for 12 hours and didn't even use half of it, I take a tablet one as a back up but they only last a few hours a peice.

Greek Islands
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

If there is a Home Bargains store close to you,they are selling liquid plug-ins for £1.99,which last for 45 days,which I will be using when I go out in Sept.

Framlingham, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

We do not have a home bargains nearby, so will probably go for an Amazon liquid plug in to avoid traipsing round looking for a well priced one off the strip, thankyou for the feedback. Good idea for getting a can of spray too, my partner often reacts quite badly to bites so we will be going OTT with mosquito prevention ;)

Thankyou also for the guidance re olive oil and sarongs. I might see if a friend can lend me a sarong to take with me until I find a pretty one in sidari because its not looking likely I'll be able to get into the nearest large town before we go :)

Framlingham, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

Can't wait to binge on fresh bread drenched in olive oil mmmmmmm :D

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

Go on 15 euro coach trip to Palio and Bella Vista/////////you will have a great day out , and your last port of call will be Makrades,the famous opn air market on the island to sample biological local honey, home made wine, and local olive oil,oregano, and other herbs at low cost prices........

olive oil, and olive oil soaps on sale here too......all gift wrapped

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

Moonpig, we're staying on Paleo and now I want to go on that coach trip, maybe they do a reverse one :)

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Olive Oil, Sarongs and Mosquito plug ins!

Nardine, from palio, you can walk up the donkey trail to Lackones , have lunch visit THE Golden fox, see the views, take your camera//// then on to Makrades for lace and wine ect

Ask the taxi drivers in palio how much to take you up to the villages, high above the resort

don,t attempt the donkey trail unless you are 100% FIT

Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations