We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report 27thmay-10th june

chesterfield
Level Contributor
627 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
trip report 27thmay-10th june

just returned from socrates apts,had a great stay in sidari,weather was generally very good but cold at nightime,

visited quite a few bars and saw some good acts;palazzo,amy winehouse,cher,one for the road;bon jovi,blues brothers, madisons; madness,were all a good night out

had some very nice food in,, memories,mediteraneo,cactus jacks,and a lovely chinese in the magic wok, and good breakfasts in smugglers

the only downside was the little kids coming round at night selling illuminated bracelets kept coming 5-6 times a night,the kids had the same clothes on for all the fortnight of our holiday

this is my 3rd time in sidari and at night it went very quiet after midnight in most of the main bars

anyone any questions feel free to ask and i will do my best to answer

Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report 27thmay-10th june

Hi

We're going to Sidari at the end of the month, how are beer, wine and food prices at the moment please ?

chesterfield
Level Contributor
627 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report 27thmay-10th june

beer 2-3 euros,food if you eat off the specials board around 6-7 euros for a decent meal,wine5-6 euros 1/2 carafe

Edited: 12 June 2013, 15:23
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report 27thmay-10th june

Thanks

Which restaurants do you recommend ?

What was average meal price not on special meal board please?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
296 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report 27thmay-10th june

Danny, personally I would recommend The Family, Memories, 3 Little Pigs (great greek dancers), Orchard, steak House (changes names every year though lol) but its on the way to the 3 little pigs heading away from the strip, never had a bad meal in Sidari to be honest, love Memories, Jorge and all his staff are fab, the family is excellent too, lamb spit roast etc, greek dishes are excellent in all the above, cannot wait until August, enjoy your holiday!

Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report 27thmay-10th june

Thanks Teena

I can't wait, I'm bloody addicted to this forum lol

Have a great holiday too

Birmingham
Level Contributor
296 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report 27thmay-10th june

Lol me too, Memories have great offers on the boards outside as do all the restaurants, wine is pretty cheap and pint of mythos around 2 euros last year, some places 1.50 euros and most places have happy hours, cocktails a little more expensive, but lovely, I love the wine though, but its pretty cheap for a carafe, enjoy Sidari you will get addicted lol, 81/2 weeks until we go, and counting!! lol

leeds uk
Level Contributor
151 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip report 27thmay-10th june

Hi Teena, drinks prices look good to me as we go four week today but who's counting lol. Also Danny what date do you go? Hope you all enjoy your holidays as I'm sure we will

Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip report 27thmay-10th june

Hi. We are staying at the Socrates appartments in Sept.

Do they have air con?

What was your honest opinion of them

Thanks.

wigan
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: trip report 27thmay-10th june

Hi

We are due to go to Sidari on Monday. Is the beach there sandy or pebbly down to the water? Is there just one beach or is there a quiet beach and a busy one?

Many thanks

Nigel

liverpool
Level Contributor
848 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip report 27thmay-10th june

hi nigel, beach is sandy and shallow, can walk out for ages before it goes deep.

theres a main beach which is quite long which does get busy, has water sports etc along it and then you have little ones by the rocks/coves

Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations