We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mozzies

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
mozzies

can anyone give best advice how to fend off mozzies what its called and where to buy it in uk or in corfu thanks kevin from wales we are in sadari for second time last was 28yrs ago

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mozzies

I use incognito from holland & barratts then top up with care-x bought in sidari. Air con is good for you're room.

What works for one doesn't always work for another, but these work for me

Radstock, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mozzies

Jungle formula spray worked for me not one bite in two weeks also used the plug in at night and sprayed the room with selkil before going out in the evening .

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
66 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mozzies

Hi wales299,

I'm taking a selection with me to Arillas this year..

Avon skin so soft dry oil spray, is really good! Available from Avon (of course) and from Ebay.

Burts Bees citrus insect repellent, Burts Bees products are amazing (a little on the pricey side though), widely available (especially in Boots) but this year, i actually found mine in a charity shop for 75p.. Bargain!

Xpel insect repellent, they do an assortment of sprays, roll-on's & wipes etc, available in places like Quality Save, Home Bargain etc was only £1.25

Also, search on Ebay for insect repellent coils - you get 10 in a pack for £1.87 - They're FaNtAsTiC!! They're similar to an incense stick but in a coil & burn for around 9 hrs!!, They come with a little metal stand. Just light the end & then you're off.. Bye Bye Mozzies! There's no flame either, so they're safe to leave burning while you're out, they're also good to put under your table, stops the mozzies from nibbling on your ankles!

I usually buy mine once i'm abroad, but this year i stumbled across them on ebay so bought a couple of packs to try.

I use these products every year and they seem to work brilliantly for me - i only ever get a couple of bites at the most!

Mozzies hate anything that's citrus, so use a citrus soap/shower gel/shampoo etc if possible, it all helps - they also dislike sandalwood & garlic, so plenty of these & you won't get eaten alive! haha

Happy Holidays

Rachel

:o)

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mozzies

thanks rachel plenty to choose from there thanks again for your advice kev

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: mozzies

tiger balm from pound shops in uk /// great if you get a bite very cheap but very effective

Birmingham
Level Contributor
296 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mozzies

Hi I take jungle formula liquid plug in for the room, and a can of spray called calypso it has Deet in it and spray ankles of a night before going out, and wipes too for my son and when in Sidari I buy a can of local spray around 2 Euros from any supermarket and spray every room every night before we go out and shut all doors and windows and this kills them, after 8 years of going, first year got bitten quite a lot, but these protections work brilliant for us, anything with Deet in and they will not come near you, and I only spray my ankles with this, hope this helps. 19 Days to go and counting!!!

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mozzies

thanks tina for your reply regards wales 299

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mozzies

anyone in sadari today with temprature update as its pssssssing down in wales

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
66 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mozzies

Anyone using products that contain DEET should be extra careful with it.

Yes, it's a fanstastic insect repellent but there's a reason for that - it can cause some very harmful side effects! It's advised not to wear any Deet product for prolonged periods of time and NOT to use on children at all.

It's definitely worth 'google'ing before use!

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mozzies

Just got back,have been eaten alive they ate really bad this year,I took vitamin b 12 last year a few weeks before I went and didn't get bit,I forgot this year,they do seem to really like me,but they dont seem to bother my husband but this year even he's suffered and the kids,x-pel spray is rubbish we got 2 bottles this year and it didn't work,I got cragghoppers last year from home bargains £1.99 a bottle,couldn't get it this year,but if you can get hold of that it was brilliant stuff,people were saying they got jungle formula,I know it's more expensive but I can tell you wish I had got it,the coils are good we got them there only €1.50 a box of 10, good for putting on balcony at night if your sitting out,just be warned they are really bad this year! After all that have a great holiday! Wish I was back already only got back last night!! :( :(

Get answers to your questions about Sidari