We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got Back

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Just got Back

Hi folks just got back last night after a enjoyable 2 weeks in Sidari had no problem with flights and transfers we stayed at the paradise apts which where spacious clean and had all that we required for our holiday although if i have one small complaint it would be the pillows they are like sleeping on bags of coal there where always plenty of sunbeds available and the staff are really helpful and non intrusive especially the scotch lady on reception who was really nice and always willing to assist.we never drank at the hotel bar so cant comment on that but we did eat at the restaurant and the food and service were good. This was our fifth time holidaying in Sidari in the last 15 years and we still love going back, there is something for all age groups we are already thinking about returning next year.

The resort offers such good value i don't know how they have kept prices so low meals and drinks prices are cheap 2 to 3 euro for a pint of local beer 6.50 to 8.00 euro for a 3 course set menu 2.50 to 5.00 euro for a English breakfast we went on a boat trip to Parga and Paxos we booked it with sue the blonde lady who works at the travel agents in the Canal d Amore she was really helpful it cost 24 euros each it was originally advertised on the board as more but she phoned her boss and got us a discount what a lovely trip we got picked up at 7.30 in the morning and got back at 8.30 at night.

If I have one negative thing to say about Sidari it would be concerning the beach we did find that it looked dirty in places it could do with getting cleaned more regularly other than that we still love the place and cant wait to go back again.

Edited: 23 July 2013, 19:21
neath
Level Contributor
339 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got Back

Hi jack

Could you tell me a bit about the parga and Paxos trip?

How long did it take to get there and could you tell me a bit about the trip?

Hope you had a nice holiday, we are going on the 23rd August and I am really interested in this trip,

Thanks

Kelly

liverpool
Level Contributor
237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got Back

Hi Kelly yes my wife and i really enjoyed this trip the transfer to corfu port takes about an hour the ship they use was nice and comfortable if you want to get a outside spec you have to try and get on and hurry to the top dec but there is plenty of space to sit onboard the prices of sandwiches and drinks are very reasonable 2 euros for a ham and cheese barm etc.

The crossing to Parga takes over 2 hours and you get 2 hours free time to look around which we found to be just about right then you board again and its over 2 hours to get to Paxos and again you get about 2 hours freetime on leaving paxos its about over 2 hours crossing back to Corfu both Parga and Paxos are not to expensive so reasonable to eat and drink im sure you will really enjoy the trip as much as we did.

Edited: 23 July 2013, 21:38
neath
Level Contributor
339 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got Back

Thanks very much for getting back to me, parga looks so lovely and I would really like to visit so we will definately look into this trip when we arrive,

Thanks again

Kelly

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got Back

Yes Kelly go and see Sue at NSK travel in Canal d Amour or Corfiot Travel - they will have all the information to hand x

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got Back

and remember Kelly it is a long day... make sure you have comfortable clothes and shoes so you can enjoy the experience of meandering round paxos x enjoy x

neath
Level Contributor
339 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got Back

Thanks mushyjam, it does seem like a long day doesn't it, I told my husband how long it is and I think he is in 2 minds now, are there plenty of other trips to do? The only thing that puts me off is that I have to travel to the boat,

Kelly

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got Back

lots of trips Kelly - they will all involve a journey of some form or another - a tip for you - use the local bus if you just fancy a trip where you can do what you want at your leisure and then come back when you have had enough!!! buses to corfu town, san stephanos, roda, acharavi and kassiopi. Just jump on at bus stop near jenis cafe x

8. Re: Just got Back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Sidari