We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sidari for a young couple?

London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sidari for a young couple?

Hi!

My partner and I went to Corfu years ago, but are looking to go somewhere new. We're 24 years old, looking for somewhere with decent Greek restaurants and reasonable nightlife that wont break the bank. We aren't Club 18-30 kind of people, but don't want to be in bed by 12 with nothing to do

I usually go to Lindos so am looking for a cheaper holiday this year ;) what are the food and drink prices like in 2013?

So, would Sidari fit the bill? Cheers :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sidari for a young couple?

Hi acs22.....and Welcome to the Sidari Forum...

Yes, I think Sidari would suit you very well. Sidari has a bit of everything, If you stay in the Canal D'Amour area, you can have a peaceful night sleep, but you are only a 10-15 minute walk to the nightlife...There are plenty of different tavernas and restaurants to choose from serving lovely Corfiot food. Sidari also has Italian restaurants, fish restaurants, Chinese and English. There are bars which stay open until the last person leaves....

The tavernas do specials boards outside, so you can wander around choosing where you want to eat for that particular day. They are all very reasonably priced. If you drink the local wines and beers, they are very reasonably priced..2.50 - 3 euros for a large beer, wine 4 euros for carafe. 1.5 litre of local wine in the local supermarkets is 4.5 euros - to drink on your balcony before you go out for the evening. The price goes up if you drink branded UK beers and spirits.

There are plenty of water sports on offer and excursions.

Everything is farily central and all flat walking. The people of Sidari are friendly and welcoming and I am sure you would have a good time

Fi

Framlingham, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sidari for a young couple?

Hi!

My fiance and I got back from Sidari last week, we are a 26 year old couple and Sidari was ideal for the sort of holiday we were after. We're not the sort who like clubs, but we do like to have a drink somewhere nice and have plenty of things to do - this resort fit the bill nicely :) Everything is so reasonably priced too, and I'm a penny-pincher!

Everything seemed to stay open late enough.

We stayed in an area between the main strip and the quieter Canal D'amour area which was great for us.

Hope you do decide to visit Sidari :)

neath
Level Contributor
340 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sidari for a young couple?

Hi we are going On the 23rd August for two weeks and I am 29, my husband is a bit older but by the information I have had for sidari I think it will suit us, we don't go clubbing but like others have said we like a few drinks and nice meals, can't wait, and if you want any info about sidari ask fi because she has been a great help for me,

Kelly xx

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sidari for a young couple?

sidari is the best resort as it caters for all ages - whether you are a little un or a 30's 40's 50's 60's something, it is so diverse too with lots of nationalities visiting resort through the season so a real mix of old and young, couples families college groups etc.

Canal d amour the quieter of the areas with more relaxed sedate bars and restaurants which makes eating out more romantic and relaxed, there are some restaurants with wonderful sea views along the strip too which are popular with many visitors.

Bars are a plenty and again cater for all tastes, whether you want karaoke, tribute acts or beach bars with a more ambient relaxed chilled feel, also bars that stay open until the cock crows as they say.

So yes a great resort for your age group, and inexpensive for eating out - drinks pretty much on par with the UK but lots of offers and happy hours and free shots if that is your poison x

Enjoy sidari and all the resort has to offer x

Michelle x

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sidari for a young couple?

www.youtube.com/watch…

take a look for yourself

neath
Level Contributor
340 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sidari for a young couple?

Anything you want to know ask Michelle and moonpig also because they have been very helpful too

Kelly xx

London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sidari for a young couple?

Awesome, thanks very much everyone! I think I'll persuade my boyfriend to part with his credit card and book something tonight ;)

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sidari for a young couple?

oh yes get something booked straight away x happy holiday hunting xx

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sidari for a young couple?

You don't have to be young to have fun in Sidari, there is something to suit all ages. The beach offers numerous watersports and boat hire/trips and when the sun goes down you can eat in a quiet taverna or one of the larger eateries on the main street under the stars. My wife and I are on the wrong side of 50 but love Sidari. We are back on 2 Aug for 2 weeks.

neath
Level Contributor
340 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sidari for a young couple?

Hi acs22,

Did you book anything after?

Kelly

Get answers to your questions about Sidari