We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

package or book direct

Manchester
Level Contributor
432 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
package or book direct

Hi

Anyone got any suggestions where to stay in sidari, will need a room for 5 x

Do you book a package or book direct.

Thanks

neath
Level Contributor
339 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: package or book direct

We just returned from the sellas apartments Lisa, basic but very central and really good location, we booked with Thomson, if I were to go to sidari again I would definately book the sellas again,

Kelly xx

Manchester
Level Contributor
432 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: package or book direct

They look lovely kelly, how was the transfer?

Xx

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: package or book direct

Hi Lisa we stayed in alexispool apartments, basic but good, only a short walk from the strip and beach, George and his family are very nice, nothing is to much for them, after reading the reviews before we went, I thought omg what have we booked, but got to be honest was very happy with it, for what we paid, hope this helps

neath
Level Contributor
339 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: package or book direct

The transfer arriving was only 50 mins with thomsons but leaving last Friday to go back to airport was 2 hours, there were a lot of pick ups but on the way we were the 2nd drop off

Kelly xx

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: package or book direct

Some apartments are 'tied' to the tour operators, which means a package deal and you have to book with them. The apartments I go to are with Thomsons and I use them as a means to an end to go there, plus the choice of airport for us.

I think you have to weigh up the cost of booking flights, transfers and hotel/apartments direct.....against the cost of the package deal. For me, personally, it is cheaper doing the package deal.

Fi

wales
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: package or book direct

yes i bookd a package deal with direct holidays their part of thomas cook ad a good deal with them

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: package or book direct

Hi Lisa,we also do package hols to Corfu & for a while now,hav used Olympic Hols & hav got sum g8t deals.They are having bad press at mo,cos of sum of the airlines they are using & there being delays both sides etc., but we've been very lucky and this hasn't (yet!!) happened to us.We had a 30 min delay going out to Corfu & just 20 mins on the way bac.Not the horror stories of 19/20 hr delays which I've read about.I wud defo use them again,but do think they need to sort out once & for all,the airline side of it.

Many peeps also swear by doing DIY hols,which I've done in the past to other places,just not done it yet to Corfu.When I've priced it all up this way in the past,it has worked out cheaper going with a package hol,so we stick with that at the mo.Think it depends what time of yr you go.We hav to go in the school hols & the airline tickets go sky high sumtimes then,then transfer costs & accom on top.Hav never found a DIY hol in August that works out cheaper than a package unfortunately (well not for 4 or 5 peeps going anyway).

We had the same experience as Kelly with our coach transfers.Under an hr getting to the resort which is g8t,but nearly 2 1/2 hrs bac to airport,which was a pain.The blooming coach seemed to go all over the island.Loads of pick ups in Sidari,on2 Paleo,then sumwhere else.Swings & roundabouts I suppose.Lots of peeps who book a package with transfer inc in price,chose to get their own way to resort to save time.Obvs hav to pay out extra dosh,but u go straight there with no waiting around at airport or drop offs/pick ups etc.,We've not done this either,as it doesn't really bother me or my family if it is along time on coach,but sum peeps just aren't willing to do it for many reasons,so thats another option.

We stayed at Tereza's Hotel in a nice secluded,quiet part leading in2 the country,but only 10 mins or so to start of main strip for nitelife etc.,& beaches.They do rooms for 5 & it's a really nice place to stay.Luvly family who run it,clean rooms,nice pool,good food & drink at reasonable prices also.Take a look on the Olympic website.Takis II are also nice as are the Loxides Apt......Hope u find what u r looking for!!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
432 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: package or book direct

Thanks everyone its a big help x a package looks the better option with us having 3 children xxx

thanks again x

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: package or book direct

Before you book check out independent options though. Especially if you need two bedrooms apartments. If you book early you can bag a bargain. Worth checking out to compare. Check out travel republic, us master,global late deals, locostholidays and alpha rooms so you can see if there is money to be saved. Remember though to factor I. Luggage costs and transfers. Either way hope yo get a great deal xx

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: package or book direct

If you book early enough go direct....just got booked up for a return trip at the end of may for 215 each for a weeks b and b...

Get answers to your questions about Sidari