We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

back home again

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
back home again

hey ta's well back again from another fabulous 8 day visit to sidari.

weather was beautiful most days but had some rain and thunder thrown into the mix although this tended to be early morning or late evening so it's didn't hamper us too much....

Found Sidari to be much busier than June. Lots of peeps the first half of the week milling around. The beach seemed pretty busy too. We had some good meals in Konaki, Memories (which we had not visited for a fair few years but was actually lovely) also Il Strata and the wonderful Bikolis Taverna. Amazing food and in a beautiful setting in the gardens which were lit in the evenings and provided a wonderful romantic setting, will certainly be returning again next July, Food included mouth watering pork on the spit and the best oven bread I have tasted in a long time. Anyone visiting sidari you must try Bikolis Taverna.

The bars were busy first part of the week and we visited one for the road to see the new addition to Nikos and Magda's family. Another beautiful little boy called John x aww adorable.. We spent an evening in Roda with Yiannis and Dimitris at Big Ben and had a hoot with the quiz night - it was great to see them again especially when Yiannis said "what are you bloody doing here? you only just gone home" haha.....

We hired a quad bike courtesy of Sunriders in Roda and again travelled round the island, must admit though the roads seem to have gone much worse and were pretty trecherous in places with pot holes and very uneven surfaces. We took our time and visited various villages around the island stopping at a wonderful beach bar perched high above san stefanos, again views to die for.

Chatted with Jeni when again we went to visit the wonderful three and the cuckoo on Wednesday night which was great as Thomas played his last gig with the band before heading back to Salford University x so was great to see him again.

Met lots of new friends as well as old friends and the week was fab. My only complaint was that the smell of the river this September was at it's peak this time!!!!! euggggghhh knocked me for six a few times!!!!

overall another great stay and I must again thank Corfu Airport Transfer for their services. Wonderful transfers there and back with no issues whatsoever. Thank you Kostas and Marina xxxx

Ah well another Holiday over but looking forward to our return visit next July xx

To all heading out soon - have a wonderful time

Michelle x

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: back home again

Lovely review , Michelle. been at canal d mour apts today with my family here for a late holiday/ spiros told me you had left.

Sidari busy, this week,weather remains about 30 degrees , with a slight wind today , many boats out today think its a regatta

off to quiz at pirates in Roda tonight

See you in July hopefully............

Damia staying open all year, if you fancy Easter, 36pound flights in APRIL, next year

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: back home again

So glad you had a good time . We are going tomorrow pm from Doncaster. Went first time last July and loved it so much booked almost straight away to come back. Bags packed just waiting for tomorrow now.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: back home again

Must also thank yourself, Moonpig , Fiibill and everyone who gives us such good advice and tips. I felt like I Knew Sidari before I even got there. The mozzie tips were very effective too!

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: back home again

ah yes the mozzies well a first for me ever this september!!! i was hacked by the little blighters!!! not as many about but the ones that were had dock martens on!!!! vicious little buggers!!!! my arms look like a dot to dot puzzle!!! so take lots of precautions!!!!

sorry i missed you moonpig xx will catch up soon i suspect xx yes we visited the quiz the lovely anna took us and we had a hoot that night x

neath
Level Contributor
340 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: back home again

Glad you enjoyed michelle, we loved memories, we thought the food was lovely and reasonably priced, back to the rain now, I still wish I was back especially as its still warm

kelly xxx

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: back home again

Yes kelly not eaten at memories for about 6 years!!! Food was nice though. We ate outside at the back which was nice also. By far was Bikolis Taverna - absolutely wonderful taverna - worth a visit

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: back home again

Welcome back Michelle ! Glad you had yet another fantastic time 'back home' x

neath
Level Contributor
340 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: back home again

Thats where we were eating out the back as I preferred it there than the front, glad you enjoyed anyway

kelly x

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: back home again

Welcome back Michelle!! Glad to hear that you had a good time, as usual...! That must be a first for you with the mozzies....How did Mr M get on?, because I know my 'himself' and Mr M are usually the magnets and they have their own fan club waiting for each of them in Corfu!!

Fi xxx

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: back home again

I have been training a group of mozzies , laying a scent to your appartment, as punishment for you deserting us earlier this year

All my effort has paid off///now you are forgiven... I will now stop throwing stink bombs off the smelly river bridge........xxx

Get answers to your questions about Sidari