We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

may or october is there a difference?

Which Sidari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
may or october is there a difference?

Hi everyone, another question from me haha, think we have settled on choosing sunny apts, but we had originally wanted to go the last week of august of the school 6 week holiday but I think it might be too expensive.. So I am considering the may or October half term week instead, is there a big difference as in the weather? Also I dont want to go when everything is closing down or its still very quiet it is nice to have the atmosphere.. Any advice would be great thanks.

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: may or october is there a difference?

I would go May rather than October half term to be honest.

Weather - well you take your chance either Month to be honest

We visited 31 May and the first week was very changeable but usually to be honest may is a lovely month to visit October will be quieter as the season is ready for closing for the season but may is much livelier as it's the official start of the tourist season xx

So me personally would plump for May as opposed to October xx

Michelle x

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: may or october is there a difference?

me too. May is a lovely month to visit, firefly,s flowers a bonus................. October sea still warm ..but ideal for touring..weather can be very changable though..and magnificent storms, make life exciting

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: may or october is there a difference?

Thanks for your advice :-)

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: may or october is there a difference?

Don't say that folks, l'm going over in 2 weeks!

Cathie.x

Bolton
Destination Expert
for Sidari
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: may or october is there a difference?

Ah dont worry Cathie you will have a ball and like moonpig says the sea is wonderfully warm in October too. We have visited October and the best part for me was being able to linger for longer in restaurants and bars, chatting to the staff and locals, a much more sedate relaxed feel to the resort at this time of year with everybody winding down for the winter xxx some good discounts in the shops on the strip too sometimes, as they are wanting to shift stock xx

I am sure you will enjoy regardless Cathie xxx

Aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: may or october is there a difference?

I'm sure you're right. We're really looking forward to it. As long as the amazing restaurants are still open l'll be happy!

C.xx

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: may or october is there a difference?

Don,t forget end of season sales everywhere///time to shop for christmas

Edinburgh, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: may or october is there a difference?

We're in Sidari right now. It's dead. Anyone any recommendations for a few beers at night. It's just myself and my daughter so we're not looking for 18-30 just a bar with anyone in it. ?

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: may or october is there a difference?

The tour companies have pulled out earlier this year ... in 2012, many places in Roda stayed open until the last day of October. One other thing about May is that almost everywhere opens on time - by the middle of October it is much more difficult to stay open if operators are sending people elsewhere. I've been to both Sidari and Roda tonight - Roda is slightly busier, and Pirates' Bar seemed to be almost full.

Steve

Edinburgh, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: may or october is there a difference?

Thanks Steve.

We'll give that a bash tonight

Get answers to your questions about Sidari